Aug 16, 2013 - 10:35 AM
First of all, thanks to the entire community for the wonderful tips and advice. I and my wife are planning a 5 day trip in Switzerland in Mid Sep this year and post lot of research and feedback, have come out with following itinerary with 1 night,2 days in Lucerne and 4 nights,3 days in Wengen
Day 1 - Arrive in geneva Airport - Early morning. Take Half Fare Pass at Geneva station and take train to Lucerne. Spend evening checking out local villages, Boating on lake etc.
Need advice on which route to take. Guess there is a scenic route option from Interlaken onwards. Also which part is covered in Half Fare pass
Day 2 - Go early morning to Mt Pilatus. Was thinking of taking a Golden Round Trip (Steamer to Alpnachstad, then cogwheel train upto Pilatus and taking panoramic cable car down to kriens, Lucerne). Post Pilatus, take train and go to Wengen via Interlaken....Spend some time in Sunstar, since its wednesday night and then to hotel.
All was fine, till we decided to add Para gliding into our itinerary and i have read good reviews about doing it from top of Mt Pilatus.
Need advice on
1. Which is the best spot to do paragliding (Pilatus or Lucerne or Interlaken or Wengen or Grindelward)
2. We are on budget, so are there any deals like 2 for 1 or some discount coupons basis Rail pass etc or some suggestions on which option to take - With or without Thermal, which companies offer the cheapest and the best etc...
3. If we decide to do Paragliding from top of Pilatus, which part from Golden route should we omit - Steamer, cogwheel train or cable car
4. Is Golden route covered in Half fare pass
5. Any advice on route from Lucerne to Interlaken. - Is there any scenic route to be taken and validity on Half fare pass
Day 3,4,5 - Spend in Wengen and go to Schilthorn, Trummelbach Waterfall, Grindalwald, do some hikes etc depending on weather
Day 6 - Early morning, leave for Venice. Have made my ticket bookings from Domodossola onwards.
Need confirmation that train journey from Wengen till Domodossola is covered under Half fare pass
P.S. - Have decide to skip Jungfray and rather do Schilthorn (we are on budget :-) )
Sorry for the long post and asking so many questions.....