Paris - Interlaken with STP, buy ticket till where

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 6:50 AM

Dear All,

I will be traveling Paris to Interlaken on 10th May by train. I will be having Swiss Travel Pass of 8 days starting from 10th May. So I buy Train ticket from Paris to what Station on France - Switzerland border?

Or I have to buy ticket till Interlaken, even if i have STP?

Please help. Thank you soo much.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 10:02 AM in reply to Prashant74

Hi Prashant74,

You probably travel via Basel so you should buy a ticket to Basel: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e. Switch to a train to Interlaken there, this will be covered by your Swiss Travel Pass, so no ticket required. What I usually find easy to use is the Swiss railways timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to find trip details.

Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 1:00 PM

Thank you Chantal.

I will be arriving at Basel Station at 12.45 pm on 10th May. I already buy ticket from Paris to Basel.

Now, I have Swiss Travel Pass Consecutive 8 days already. How can I do the booking on Basel to Interlaken Train? Please guide.

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 1:30 PM in reply to Prashant74

You're welcome. You don't have to book trains in Switzerland. Seat reservation is only required for a few scenic trains. So you just hop on to your connection in Basel.

Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Apr 24, 2018 - 1:46 PM in reply to Chantal

Thank you Chantal and Arno.

So its like first come first serve basis? I will be with my wife and 2 childrens, with 2 suitcase luggage.

We will get seats easily? just anxious.

Thank you again for all the help. Kind regards

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Apr 24, 2018 - 4:23 PM in reply to Prashant74

No problem at all. You'll have seats and space for your suitcases.

Prashant74
Prashant74
15 posts
Apr 25, 2018 - 9:09 AM in reply to Chantal

Thank you! :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019