Paris – Switzerland Bernina Express – Milan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 August 2017 at 7:02:25 #812929

Hi My Swiss Alps

My 2 young adult daughters and myself will be traveling to Europe next June/July for 1 month. Starting in Paris and heading south through Switzerland, Italy to Malta.

We are making our own itinerary and travelling by trains.

We would love to see Switzerland after Paris. The Bernina Express looks to be an impressive route but can you leave the train and stay a night along the way and reboard next day??

Is the Interlaken area worthy too see or are there other more spectacular places?

I’d love to stay a night and day in different places along route … 3-4 nights in total. Possibly take a cable car ride or other exciting adventure.

I’d be very grateful for your help in planning this part of our trip. I’m a tad overwhelmed with the best way to see your beautiful country.

Kind regards,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    12 August 2017 at 17:13:16 #868233

Hi Smileyanna47! Welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are lots of options for a 3-4 journey heading south and including the Bernina Express. It’s hard to define which region or route is “best”, as it all comes down to your personal preferences. I’ll give some options below with links to towns, regions and routes. You can plan all trips using the timetable.

These are just some thoughts. I hope they get you started!

• The thread ‘Paris – Switzerland Bernina Express – Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.