Paris to Engelberg station to visit Mt. Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 7:21:50 #815646

Hi there,

This is our first time to Switzerland and we are really excited about it! We will be traveling on 18th Nov 2018 from Paris and staying at Engelberg to hike Mt Titlis. We also wanted to visit Lucerne town to sees the old building.

But we would like to know, if we comes from Paris by train to Engelberg, can we drop by Lucerne station? Do we need to pay for another pass to get back Engelberg station?

Just wondering, do Lucerne station having any luggage locker? It will be tiring to carry our luggage while walking at the town.

Hope to hear from u soon, thx in advance!

Joanne.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 10:53:46 #883777

Hi Joanne,

I don’t know what kind of ticket you have, but normally you should be able to get off the train in Lucerne and continue your trip with the same ticket.

Yes, Lucerne station does have luggage lockers.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 13:00:39 #883778

Hi Chantal, thanks for your info.

I’ll be getting the ticket from Paris, Gare de Lyon by TGVLyria to Basel and transfer to Engelberg via SBB.

I’ll be using trainline.eu to purchase the ticket, is this the correct way?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2018 at 16:57:43 #883779

Hi Joanne,

Trainline is fine. We have this retailer listed on our website as well: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e.

• The thread ‘Paris to Engelberg station to visit Mt. Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.