Paris to Wengen to Zermatt to Venice route August

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 June 2018 at 18:22:54 #816627

Hello Swiss Alps experts and Friends, we are a family of two adults and one 10 year old daughter from Washington State traveling to Europe for the first time. We are super excited but also very overwhelmed planning for our five days in the OB area!

Every day I discover more places in Switzerland that we would love to visit from these forum’s advice & trip reports…but we only have 4 nights and hoping to utilize your help in forming the best itinerary/route to minimize travel times from one point to the next and maximize our Switzerland sightseeing….and hopefully not get lost.

Aug 16 @7am: train from Paris to Wengen Hotel Edelweiss. Is it true we would get more sightseeing heading into Switzerland from Paris via Geneva/Lausanne/Vevey/Montreuxinstead of Basel/Bern? No other plans for this day except perhaps stop at Chocolate factory (Broc versus Brienze?) before going into Wengen for the night.

Aug 17: Schilthorn and what’s-that loop where we can go up Grindlewald and down Gimmelwald (or is it the reverse?) I came across that suggestion a couple weeks ago but now I can’t find that post that allows us to save time & so many different modes of transportation.

Aug 18: Luzern (but we need to find 1 or 2 activities that still allow us to get back to Wengen this night since the hotel is nonrefundable) What’s the general most “Wow” place you would recommend? Is it Rigi or Pilatus or something else?

Aug 19: Train to Zermatt to see if indeed the Matterhorn really matches the logo on the candy bar Toblerone ;). We aren’t the type to sleep in while on vacation so we will be getting up and leaving the hotel by 7:30am. Would anyone please suggest a scenic route from Wengen to Zermatt for even more sightseeing since this is the last day we can use our STP. I’m thinking it’s cheaper to do the 3-4 days STP than other options.

Aug 20: train to Venice via Domossola

Thank you so much for your kind advice!

• The thread ‘Paris to Wengen to Zermatt to Venice route August’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.