Parking location/price for Rochers-de-Naye train

• Axelant1
    Participant
    43 posts
    30 July 2022 at 20:19:09 #827921

We are staying outside of Montreux in Jogny and would prefer to drive to the cable car for Rochers-De-Naye (Sept 2022). It appears that parking is available and can be pre-booked using Share.P. Can anyone comment on the parking location and price? Is the garage 24/7? Merci!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 July 2022 at 21:31:45 #944950

There is an hourly bus service Jongny – Vevey (journey 10 minutes) so the journey Jongny – Montreux isn’t too hard.

However if you do want to drive there is a station car park just by the Rochers de Naye station

By the way, MOntreux – Rochers de Naye is a mountain rack (aka cog) railway not a ‘cable car’

Axelant1
    Participant
    43 posts
    30 July 2022 at 23:55:36 #944951

Thank you, 1960man. From your response, I can see that the trip is possible via transport. It seems that the entire route to Montreux is about 30 minute +/-. Our AirBnB comes with a Riviera Card and we will also buy the Swiss Half Fare card. Thanks for the correct name of the transportation. I’m sure that I will get the terminology straight eventually even though I understand the differences.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2022 at 0:52:10 #944952

I have no wish to pry regarding the exact address of your accommodation, but remember that it is simple to find out where your nearest bus stop is by looking at online mapping. I took my information from looking at the bus stop called Jongny-Village, but you will see there are various bus stops in Jongny.

It is even possible that your accomodation would be close enough to the Vevey – Mont Pelerin Funicular to be walkable. The latter has a mid point station called Chardonne-Jongny

map.search.ch/?pos=553827,147653&zoom=15

Arno
    15483 posts
    31 July 2022 at 6:51:16 #944953

Hi Axelant1,

If you want to make the trip by public transport, you can enter your AirBnb’s address as your departure location, and Rochers-de-Naye as your destination. It will show the exact journey with lots of details. Here’s how to use the timetable: https://www.myswissalps.com/timetable. More details about the journey with the Rochers-de-Naye cogwheel train are at https://www.myswissalps.com/rochersdenaye.

If you want to travel by car, the Montreux railway station car park is a good option. You’ll find links and more information under “Parking at rail stations” at http://www.myswissalps.com/car/parking.

Axelant1
    Participant
    43 posts
    31 July 2022 at 19:05:40 #944954

Thank you very much for this help and information. Arno, your website is very robust and full of information.

1960man, I am still learning to use map.search.ch. May I bother you a bit more for help? I know you don’t wish to know our location in Jogny, but it might help you explain to me how to navigate the map. I entered that departure address of Jongny, Ch. de la Perrette 15 and the arrival address of Rochers-de-Naye, a date and departure time. It looks like the Combette Bus 216 is 12 minutes walking. In about 10 minutes, we arrive at Vevey train track 2, IR90.We arrive on track 3 at 9:10 and go to track 8 for departure at 9:17 to Rochers-de-Naye. Have I followed the steps correctly?

Thank you for your help! Kay

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 July 2022 at 22:03:45 #944955

Yes, that’s exactly right.

The walk at Montreux station from Eastbound trains to the Rochers de Naye platform is very short

Axelant1
    Participant
    43 posts
    31 July 2022 at 22:23:23 #944956

‘Tis good to know I can eventually figure things out! Thank you!

• The thread ‘Parking location/price for Rochers-de-Naye train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.