Trip report part 2 – Golden Pass line

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2017 at 21:40:59 #813315

Day 3 – Tuesday 5th September

Leaving Montreux to the Bernese Oberland region. Caught the classic MOB Belle Époque vintage train (Golden Pass line) to Zweisimmen and then on to Thun. The views on the golden pass line was fantastic and I love the vintage train style and furnishing. It was not crowded at all and had plenty of empty spaces. Stored my luggage at Thun station for CHF 8, and caught a boat cruise from Thun to Oberhofen Castle.

The weather was perfect, sunny, clear blue skies with not a cloud in sight. It was amazing for a cruise on the lake, I could see all the way to the snow-capped peaks of Eiger and Jungfrau. That was how clear the day was! Only had 1 hour to spend at Oberhofen castle which was quite a rush. Must say the garden in the castle was really beautiful and the views were great !

Caught the next boat on to Spiez, and visited the castle there too. Fabulous look out point from the highest part of the castle onto lake Thun. Caught the train back to Thun and explored Thun, the old wooden bridge where there were surfers riding the waves. Caught an evening train into Interlaken West to stay the night at Balmers Hostel which was very nice.

Photos in the album link here – flic.kr/s/aHsm4jx2rK

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2017 at 2:43:11 #870018

Great pictures! You certainly packed a lot of variety into your trip!

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Trip report part 2 – Golden Pass line’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.