Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 September 2011 at 11:22:33 #804704

Hi, my wife and I will be visiting swiss in october. I will be arriving at Zurich and traveling straight to Lucerne. I am planning to stay in lucerne and make day trips to visit Pilatus, Jungfrau and Schiltron. Planning to leave to Milan or Venice on the 4th day. What is the best pass that I should buy for my travel in Swiss? Will buying SwissFlexi pass be cheaper overall? Can I use them for my travel to Pilatus, Jungfrau and Schiltron from Lucerne? Can I use the pass for my travel towards Italy aswell? I am little overwhelmed at the options 🙁

My current thought process is –
    Zurich – Lucern
    Lucern – Pilatus – Lucern
    Lucern – Jungfrau – Lucern
    Lucern – Schiltron – Lucern
    Lucern – Milan / Venice

I also have a 3 old daughter – so I dont think I can do Jungfrau and Schiltron on same day.. Please advise the best pass I can go with.. thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 September 2011 at 14:08:56 #834217

Hello praresh! A 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be a good choice, with free travel days for Zurich-Lucerne, Lucerne-Jungfraujoch, Lucerne-Schilthorn and Lucerne-Italy. You can use discounts on the remaining day (Lucern-Pilatus), as that’s a relatively short and inexpensive trip. On the four free travel days, unlimited traveling in trains, buses and boats is granted (so you don’t have to buy tickets for these trips), and mountain transportation such as cable cars and mountain trains is discounted. The Swiss Saver Flexi Pass is valid for the Swiss leg of your trip to Italy (depending on your connection, the train station up to which the pass is valid will be either Chiasso or Domodossola). Please refer to the Swiss Flexi Pass page for details, such as a map with the validity overview and up to date purchase options for your country of residence.

An alternative would be the Swiss Card, allowing a free trip from Zurich to Lucerne and from Lucerne to the Swiss border (again, either Chiasso or Domodossola). A 50% reduction applies on your remaining trips. Unlimited traveling is not allowed on these days, so other than with the Swiss Flexi Pass you’ll have to buy separate discounted tickets for your trips.

• The thread ‘Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.