Travel pass for my daughter aged 15 yrs 6 months

Travel pass for my daughter aged 15 yrs 6 months

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Mitra
Mitra
19 posts
Jun 8, 2017 - 6:35 PM

Hi,

I intend to buy the 8 day Swiss travel Pass for my husband and myself and wish to add the Swiss family card for my daughters aged 15 yrs and 12 yrs, whereby they travel free.

My elder daughter will be 15 yrs 6 months (Date of birth 24th Dec, 2001) during our travel period in July, 2017. I wanted to confirm whether she will be covered in the Swiss Family card which specifies the age of accompanying children as 6 to 15 (inclusive). After having read the details, I got to understand that children above 16 yrs of age need to purchase a separate pass. Presumably since my daughter will turn 16 only in December, 2017, she will be included in the Family Card whereby I need not buy a pass separately for her.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Arno
Arno
9653 posts
expert &
Jun 8, 2017 - 7:53 PM

Hi Mitra,

Children who are still 15 on the first day of the pass can take advantage of the Swiss Family Card. So you do not need a Swiss Travel Pass for your daughter. You can print the passes at home: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Mitra
Mitra
19 posts
Jun 9, 2017 - 2:02 AM

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the info.

I will probably require a few more clarifications in the process of fine tuning our trip to Switzerland. Although all accomodation are booked (which again would not have been possible without the guidance of you guys at MySwissAlps) and our visa is also through, but I further need to plan in details the day trips and hence I will keep bothering you all with my queries.

Thank you once again for all the support.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017