Travel pass for my daughter aged 15 yrs 6 months

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 18:35:09 #812182

Hi,

I intend to buy the 8 day Swiss travel Pass for my husband and myself and wish to add the Swiss family card for my daughters aged 15 yrs and 12 yrs, whereby they travel free.

My elder daughter will be 15 yrs 6 months (Date of birth 24th Dec, 2001) during our travel period in July, 2017. I wanted to confirm whether she will be covered in the Swiss Family card which specifies the age of accompanying children as 6 to 15 (inclusive). After having read the details, I got to understand that children above 16 yrs of age need to purchase a separate pass. Presumably since my daughter will turn 16 only in December, 2017, she will be included in the Family Card whereby I need not buy a pass separately for her.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2017 at 19:53:34 #864754

Hi Mitra,

Children who are still 15 on the first day of the pass can take advantage of the Swiss Family Card. So you do not need a Swiss Travel Pass for your daughter. You can print the passes at home: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 2:02:18 #864755

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the info.

I will probably require a few more clarifications in the process of fine tuning our trip to Switzerland. Although all accomodation are booked (which again would not have been possible without the guidance of you guys at MySwissAlps) and our visa is also through, but I further need to plan in details the day trips and hence I will keep bothering you all with my queries.

Thank you once again for all the support.

• The thread ‘Travel pass for my daughter aged 15 yrs 6 months’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.