Passport # changed - need new Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ss2k2016
ss2k2016
8 posts
Aug 21, 2017 - 6:59 AM

I bought the Swiss Half Fare a few months ago for an upcoming trip. I then renewed my passport recently. The Swiss Half Fare card still has my old passport number. What should I do? Should I get SBB to reissue my Swiss Half Fare card with my new passport number?

Lucas
Lucas
9868 posts
expert &
Aug 21, 2017 - 11:09 AM in reply to ss2k2016

Hi ss2k2016,

Do you get a new passport # when you renew your passport? I thought/hoped that it didn't change. :(

If your passport number changed you will need to contact the company you bought the Swiss Half Fare Card from to inform them of the change. They will normally charge you a change fee however, but they may waive it for you if you get a nice person. :)

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 21, 2017 - 11:10 AM by Lucas
ss2k2016
ss2k2016
8 posts
Aug 21, 2017 - 11:17 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas. Yes the passport number has changed. It wasn't like that in the past in Singapore. We used our identity card number which doesn't change as the passport number in the past. The system changed. Ok I'll write to them quickly.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018