Renewing passport but want to buy rail pass -issue

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 18, 2018 - 2:03 AM

I applied recently for my passport to be renewed. I have not received my new passport number to date. Can I use my old passport number to purchase a STP as long as I bring my old passport with the new? The new passport number will not be the same as the old number. I would like to purchase STP before special offer expires. Thank you for any info.!

rockoyster
rockoyster
5007 posts
expert
Mar 18, 2018 - 5:47 AM in reply to Removed user

Hello Debbie,

If it was me I wouldn't buy the pass before I had a valid passport in my hands. If you buy the pass on-line you will get it within hours if not minutes.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Mar 18, 2018 - 7:35 AM in reply to Removed user

I would not recommend buying Swiss Travel Pass with a passport number that won't be valid while traveling. Even if you had the old one with you it isn't a valid passport anymore.

Arno
Arno
12338 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You still have a bit of time, unless the promotions are so popular that coupon codes run out before the last day. The below promotions should be available until March 26 and April 4:

If you buy later, then you can check at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/promotio ns whether or not there is another promotion.

Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 11:35 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019