Renewing passport but want to buy rail pass -issue

Renewing passport but want to buy rail pass -issue

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
DebbieMoore
DebbieMoore
1 post
Mar 18, 2018 - 2:03 AM

I applied recently for my passport to be renewed. I have not received my new passport number to date. Can I use my old passport number to purchase a STP as long as I bring my old passport with the new? The new passport number will not be the same as the old number. I would like to purchase STP before special offer expires. Thank you for any info.!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3367 posts
expert
Mar 18, 2018 - 5:47 AM in reply to DebbieMoore

Hello Debbie,

If it was me I wouldn't buy the pass before I had a valid passport in my hands. If you buy the pass on-line you will get it within hours if not minutes.

Lucas
Lucas
5540 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2018 - 7:35 AM in reply to DebbieMoore

I would not recommend buying Swiss Travel Pass with a passport number that won't be valid while traveling. Even if you had the old one with you it isn't a valid passport anymore.

Arno
Arno
10348 posts
expert &
Mar 18, 2018 - 11:35 AM

Hi Debbie,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! You still have a bit of time, unless the promotions are so popular that coupon codes run out before the last day. The below promotions should be available until March 26 and April 4:

If you buy later, then you can check at www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/promotio ns whether or not there is another promotion.

Last modified on Mar 18, 2018 - 11:35 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018