Swiss rail pass, credit card holder is no traveler

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 6:59:55 #814799

Hi

I will be booking my Swiss travel pass. I just wanted to ask about the billing address. The issue is , the billing address of the traveller and the billing address of the credit card holder is different. Since the payment portal on rail europe asks to fill in the billing address associated to the credit card, the issue arises since the credit card holder is not a traveler , hence I am at cross roads here since the name of the credit card holder is not an option in the list of travellers.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 7:23:33 #878933

Hi Natasha15,

I’ve never had a problem with the credit card holder not being on the trip. As long as the traveler has a Swiss Travel Pass with their name on it and an accompanying ID they will be fine. Train personnel don’t ask to see the credit card used to buy the pass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 7:43:39 #878934

Hi Lucas,

Thank You. I would also like to know the delivery time taken usually, since there’s no print option for STP. I live in India. And the course of action to be taken if the pass doesn’t reach me on time for eg- if I have to leave for europe before the pass gets delivered to me. My scheduled date of travel is 28th May 2018.

Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2018 at 8:07:11 #878935

Hi Natasha15,

If you go to their Indian site at http://www.raileurope.co.in/p ass/swiss-travel-pass-82, and start ordering your passes, you don’t get to choose the delivery option. E-mail delivery with print at home is the only option. You should receive the passes within one or two business days.

While ordering you should eventually see “Print at Home (Free)” as your delivery option. As a subtitle it has the somewhat confusing text “Most rail passes cannot be printed at home, they need to be physically delivered to you”.

I am assuming you need the actual Swiss Travel Pass (continuous days). The Swiss Travel Pass Flex can only be shipped currently.

Does it work for you now?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 10:56:15 #878936

Hi Arno ,

I’m sorry, Im a bit confused here. For the STP then , should I book from the Indian website or the normal one ? On the Indian website , it says “delivery free” with the subtitle” Most rail passes cannot be printed at home, they need to be physically delivered to you”. So should i just book them and wait for them to be delivered ?

Yes , I did get the email delivery somewhere but now its just lost on my payments page. All I am asked to fill is my shipment adress and the like, so Im guessing , they’ll be delivered to me ?

Thanks

cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    16 March 2018 at 12:36:45 #878937

Hi Natasha,

Just last week, I purchased STP (8 days continuous) on RailEurope Indian website and they delivered the pass on email in 3 days. You will surely get it on email (before purchasing, I called them and confirmed twice).

You can see the discussion in this thread on discounts in detail. http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/100-off-swiss-travel-pass-other-passestickets

Pratik

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 March 2018 at 12:38:39 #878938

Hi Natasha15,

You can book from any of the websites listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price . “Your country of residence” should automatically be set to India on that page, but if not you can change it. So you have various options, but if there is a Rail Europe promotion you want to take advantage of, should book there, or you can try their World site as well: http://www.raileurope-world.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82.

I checked again but didn’t see a problem on the Indian site. If you still have issues please attach a screenshot here. Or buy from any of the other sites. These two are excellent and also offer e-mail delivery:

I hope it works out for you now!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2018 at 14:06:54 #878939

Hi Pratik and Arno

Thank you so much. so basically, no matter what, i will get the email within 3 days which can be used there?

Thanks a lot for your help. I’ll go ahead and book it then.

• The thread ‘Swiss rail pass, credit card holder is no traveler’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.