Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Peak2Peak: Gornergrat, Klein Matterhorn in 1 day

Peak2Peak: Gornergrat, Klein Matterhorn in 1 day

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Tijoco
Tijoco
27 posts
Nov 15, 2019 - 1:46 PM

Good Morning. I have the above from Zermatt and also tickets for the Crystal Ride. I am looking at timetables which don’t seem to work for this particular day. I am trying to go up to Klein Matterhorn Glacier P, down to Furi, over to Riffellberg, up to Gornergrat and back to Zermatt. Overall timetables imply running but I can’t get actual times in SBB site for that day. Are you aware of the route up to M P not running that day or the M P being closed that day? Thank you.

Anna
Anna
357 posts
top member &
Nov 15, 2019 - 2:49 PM in reply to Tijoco

Hi Tijoco,

I'm not sure why you can't access the SBB timetable but I think the trains and cableway services to Gornergrat and Klein Matterhorn are running on 14th December.

As an alternative to SBB, you can view and download the PDF timetable for both the Gornergrat railway and Glacier Paradise cableway here: www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/Current-news/Timetable

Regards,

Anna

Gornergrat: www.myswissalps.com/go rnergrat
Klein Matterhorn: www.myswissalps.com/kl einmatterhorn

Last modified on Nov 15, 2019 - 2:49 PM by Anna
Tijoco
Tijoco
27 posts
Nov 15, 2019 - 3:10 PM

I have looked at these sites and it should be running. However if I use SBB site eg Zermatt to Klein Matterhorn it works on Dec 15 th but not on 14th. Similarly I tried part way eg Zermatt to Furi and that says again no route Nov 23-Dec14 inclusive. Weird.

Anna
Anna
357 posts
top member &
Nov 15, 2019 - 6:38 PM in reply to Tijoco

Hi Tijoco,

A new SBB timetable is coming into effect on the 15th December. I think that the issue might be a technical glitch resulting from the transition. But not to worry, the services should run as usual.

Regards,

Anna

1960man
1960man
2332 posts
top member
Nov 16, 2019 - 1:25 AM in reply to Tijoco

As the Matterhorn cable car is not a main line railway, the railway timetable isn't the best way to check what is happening. It is safest to visit the Zermatt web site as the ski lifts - as in any ski resort - are locally controlled.

The ski season will have started so all the lifts will be scheduled to operate.

Also, remember to keep your wits about you, skiers will be in the majority, and skiers (with all their kit) and walkers don't always mix well

www.zermatt.ch/en/Lift s-pistes/Mountain-railway-tickets-timetables-and-prices

Last modified on Nov 16, 2019 - 1:45 AM by 1960man

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019