PeaktoPeak ticket in Zermatt for October

PeaktoPeak ticket in Zermatt for October

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Benga1109
Benga1109
7 posts
Oct 1, 2017 - 7:55 PM

Hi friends,

Planning to cover both Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat on a single day. Wanted to check PeaktoPeak ticket price at www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/webshop/ticket/ peak2peak~183465. For the date of 17th Oct, 2017, am getting the message - "no tickets available for the selected dates". Tried some dates in Nov and Dec as well, but am ending up in the same message.

i. Has anyone faced this before? is this happening because online P2P tickets are sold out? Could someone please help?

ii. Can I buy a P2P ticket from valley station Zermatt (Winkelmatten) on the day of this trip (17th Oct, 2017)?

iii. With the STP, is choosing the P2P ticket the best option for visiting both KM and Gornergrat?

Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,

Benga1109

Lucas
Lucas
3339 posts
expert &
Oct 2, 2017 - 6:41 AM in reply to Benga1109

The Peak2Peak Pass is only available in the summer and winter months and not offered in October.

That being said it should be available to buy after Nov.25 and it isn't on thew website when I try...so it seems like a website issue.

With your Swiss Travel Pass you do get 50% off both trips so it is comparable pricing.

Benga1109
Benga1109
7 posts
Oct 2, 2017 - 7:04 PM

Dear Lucas,

Thanks much for your prompt response. Yep, I'll opt for individual round trips to K Matterhorn and Gornergrat. This way I'll get also get a chance to enjoy the cog train ride more..

Thanks again..

Best regards,

Benga1109

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017