PeaktoPeak ticket in Zermatt for October

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 October 2017 at 19:55:08 #813409

Hi friends,

Planning to cover both Klein Matterhorn and Gornergrat on a single day. Wanted to check PeaktoPeak ticket price at http://www.matterhornparadise .ch/en/webshop/ticket/ peak2peak~183465. For the date of 17th Oct, 2017, am getting the message – “no tickets available for the selected dates”. Tried some dates in Nov and Dec as well, but am ending up in the same message.

i. Has anyone faced this before? is this happening because online P2P tickets are sold out? Could someone please help?

ii. Can I buy a P2P ticket from valley station Zermatt (Winkelmatten) on the day of this trip (17th Oct, 2017)?

iii. With the STP, is choosing the P2P ticket the best option for visiting both KM and Gornergrat?

Please advise. Thank you.

Best regards,

Benga1109

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2017 at 6:41:58 #870470

The Peak2Peak Pass is only available in the summer and winter months and not offered in October.

That being said it should be available to buy after Nov.25 and it isn’t on thew website when I try…so it seems like a website issue.

With your Swiss Travel Pass you do get 50% off both trips so it is comparable pricing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 October 2017 at 19:04:15 #870471

Dear Lucas,

Thanks much for your prompt response. Yep, I’ll opt for individual round trips to K Matterhorn and Gornergrat. This way I’ll get also get a chance to enjoy the cog train ride more..

Thanks again..

Best regards,

Benga1109

• The thread ‘PeaktoPeak ticket in Zermatt for October’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.