Phone number from Canada for SBB seat reservation

• Warchic1
    Participant
    3 posts
    10 July 2019 at 19:10:09 #822776

I want to reserve seats on the train from SBB to the Geneva airport as I have a flight out midday and want to be assured of making the flight. The SBB website states the following:

“You can reserve your seats on Swiss trains at SBB, SBB Mobile and via Rail Service 0848 44 66 88 (CHF 0.08/min.) or direct at the ticket counter. It costs CHF 5 per seat to make a reservation.”

To place a call from Canada internationally you begin with the international access code of 011 followed by the country code and the phone number. A and google search gives 41 as the country code. I have tried to call 011 41 0848 44 66 88 with no success as I get a blocked number message. I contacted my travel agency in the UK that I arranged the Haute route hike through and they were able to successfully call SBB by dialing 0041 0848 44 66 88 and suggested I give that a try. I still was not successful dialing this and a couple of other variations.

I did check with my telephone service provider and they assured me there was no restriction from them (I have made international calls to Argentina recently).

Can someone please provide me with a phone number including the necessary prefixes to call the reservation line from Canada? This would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    10 July 2019 at 19:27:42 #917481

Hi Warchic1,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I don’t know another phone number unfortunately, but you can arrange for this online. You’ll find links to retailers, including SBB, here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations/price.

There is no need to book a seat to make sure to make the flight. You can always board, even if all seats would be occupied, which is very unlikely. Please see http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/reservations.

• The thread ‘Phone number from Canada for SBB seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.