Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Photo needed for One Month Half Fare Travel Card?

Photo needed for One Month Half Fare Travel Card?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6912 posts
expert
Mar 29, 2015 - 7:52 PM

In order to get my multi-year Halbtax, I have been required to provide a photograph.

Is a photograph required for a One Month Half fare Card?

Slowpoke

Arno
Arno
14115 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2015 - 4:40 AM

Hi Slowpoke,

You don't need a photo for the one month Swiss Half Fare Card. Further details can be found here.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6912 posts
expert
Mar 30, 2015 - 9:01 AM in reply to Arno
Arno said:

Hi Slowpoke,

You don't need a photo for the one month Swiss Half Fare Card. Further details can be found here.

Arno -

Merci vielmals. Nice to get a fast answer. That is what I expected, but it is better to be sure. I was concerned because the annual and multi-year cards require a photo with very specific characteristics.

I followed the link you provided, which I had checked out once before.

It may be there, somewhere, but I cannot find any comment about the need ( or lack of need) for a photo for the Swiss Half Fare Card, in the pages I was led to.

I also note that there is apparently no requirement for a Swiss mailing address, as is required for the annual or multiyear Half fare Card.

When I renewed my own 3 year Halbtax, I found that the requirement for the photo was spelled out in detail.

Arno
Arno
14115 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2015 - 9:21 AM

Hi Slowpoke,

You're welcome! The page does indeed not specifically say that you do not need a photo, but that's just because it's not needed (I linked to the page so you could read about the other details). There is no requirement for a Swiss address either, because the pass is geared to tourists; it can't be purchased by residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein; you need to have a different nationality.

Last modified on Mar 30, 2015 - 9:22 AM by Arno

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019