Piazza Grande Locarno Concert – how soon to arrive

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 May 2018 at 20:34:06 #815783

We are attending the Ennio Morricone concert in mid June at the Piazza Grande in Locarno. We will arrive on the afternoon of the concert that evening. The gates open at 20:00 at the Piazza Grande. Our hotel is a 10 min walk & we have dinner reservations at 16:00? How early should we arrive to be in line? Should we expect long lines & security? We are leaving Wengen in morning by train and plan to arrive around 14:00 or 15:00. Just want to make sure we get there with plenty of time or should we plan to leave Wengen earlier?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 5:26:23 #884452

Hi becmcentire,

The way I go about these kind of events is that if there’s a supporting act which I like I would be there around 20:00, but if I don’t like the supporting act I would be there 30 minutes prior to the start of the concert so the line is more ore less gone.

There will be lines, but usually you don’t have to wait long. And there will be security. Concerts do start on time in Switzerland (unless your name is Prince).

Dinner at 16:00 when gates open at 20:00? You will have time for two dinners.

• The thread ‘Piazza Grande Locarno Concert – how soon to arrive’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.