Piazza Grande Locarno Concert - how soon to arrive

Piazza Grande Locarno Concert - how soon to arrive

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
May 6, 2018 - 8:34 PM

We are attending the Ennio Morricone concert in mid June at the Piazza Grande in Locarno. We will arrive on the afternoon of the concert that evening. The gates open at 20:00 at the Piazza Grande. Our hotel is a 10 min walk & we have dinner reservations at 16:00? How early should we arrive to be in line? Should we expect long lines & security? We are leaving Wengen in morning by train and plan to arrive around 14:00 or 15:00. Just want to make sure we get there with plenty of time or should we plan to leave Wengen earlier?

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
May 7, 2018 - 5:26 AM in reply to becmcentire

Hi becmcentire,

The way I go about these kind of events is that if there's a supporting act which I like I would be there around 20:00, but if I don't like the supporting act I would be there 30 minutes prior to the start of the concert so the line is more ore less gone.

There will be lines, but usually you don't have to wait long. And there will be security. Concerts do start on time in Switzerland (unless your name is Prince).

Dinner at 16:00 when gates open at 20:00? You will have time for two dinners.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018