Luggage storage options at Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2018 at 15:21:46 #818898

Are there luggage lockers at Pilatus or at least a luggage storage area? I checked the SBB Lockers for Pilatus Klum and the following information appeared but there is no pricing information which concerns me.

Equipment and mobility at the station.

Equipment and lockers.

Lockers.

Prices in CHF

Currency

Max.

Min.

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2018 at 17:00:49 #898846

Hi Dcul,

Yes, when there is no pricing details then there are no lockers available to rent. Where are you before and after Pilatus? I assume you are moving locations after the visit?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 November 2018 at 18:27:23 #898847

Thanks. We are taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Lugano to Lucerne where we are spending only two nights (have been to Lucerne twice before and love it!) , then we moving onto Wengen for 4 nights. I wanted to visit Titlis or Pilatus on our full day there and then one of these on our way to Wengen. I know the train from Titlis goes back to Lucerne where we could pick up luggage from their lockers but I am concerned that there would not be enough time between arrival and departure times to retrieve the luggage. Thank you again for any suggestions!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2018 at 7:43:12 #898848

Well whether you have a ticket or rail pass, it would be available to use all day on any train so if you miss the connection that the timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) gives you, you can grab the next train (they go hourly).

There is a left luggage office in Engelberg if you go to Titlis on your day to Wengen then your connection in lucerne isn’t a worry.

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 November 2018 at 8:27:11 #898849

Hi Dcul,

A trip to Mount Pilatus can easily start and end at the Lucerne train station, so you would be able to store your luggage there. Taking it up the mountain isn’t convenient. Please find details and route information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/pi latus

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2018 at 15:55:17 #898850

Thank you guys! is the left luggage office in the Engelberg, Platform 1 area? I have a tendency to get into too many details but I/we travel better if I understand the most I can. Thanks!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2018 at 17:33:22 #898851

I compared train times from Pilatus to Luzern vs. Titlis to Luzern. Surprisingly, I found several more train times leaving Pilatus than I did Titlis (which, as Lucas mention, is hourly). So I think my best plan will be to travel and leave luggage in lockers on that Sunday from Luzern to Pilatus. After the visit, travel Pilatus back to Luzern to pick up luggage and then catch a train to Wengen. The multiple trains from Pilatus should will give me greater time flexibility on leaving Pilatus and I will not have to wait an hour if I miss my connecting train.

Please let my know if I have thought this through correctly.

Thanks! Dana

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2018 at 18:11:26 #898852

Hi Dana,

Yes, that will work for you I think. You can really plan everything out nicely with the timetable. The trains run to their schedules in Switzerland (unlike most other countries!).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 November 2018 at 19:12:41 #898853

Thanks Lucas! You are a great help as always!

Is there a way to determine to a train station has ramps or lifts vs. only stairs?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2018 at 8:31:24 #898854

Happy to help!

Very few stations don’t at least have ramps to get to the the train platforms. You’ll find on the SBB site more speciffic details. You found the info on your first post: Equipment and mobility at the station.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2018 at 14:52:14 #898855

Thanks again!

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    13 November 2018 at 0:18:47 #898856

Hi Dcul,

I spent the night on Pilatus and left my luggage in a locker at Luzern train station, and just took a nap-sack to the mountain for the over-night stay. I picked up my luggage the following day, after returning from Alpnachtstad, and jumped on a train to Zurich. It worked out very well. Less cumbersome and more freedom to do other things before/after Pilatus if you so desire. I believe the cost was Fr 8 for the night. The lockers are located on either side of the station near tracks 2 and 14, I believe. As far as Engelberg is concerned, their are only 2 tracks to worry about and it is also the end of the line there. There is also a rail station (and attendant) there if you need any help. . I also love Luzern, it really is a beautiful city. I also spent 3 nights in Wengen and absolutely loved it. And I also took the Gotthard Express from Luzern to Lugano, and make sure you take the boat trip part from Fluelen to Luzern ( if you so desire) as it is just a beautiful, peaceful, 3 hour trip with scenery that just doesn’t stop.. Hope you have a great trip.

Danielsan

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 November 2018 at 15:36:21 #898857

Thank you Danielsan! You gave me some very helpful suggestions. We have made the Gotthard Express (William Tell) twice from Luzern to Fluelen but this time we are traveling Fluelen to Luzern. The boat trip is so very beautiful. I can hardly be in Switzerland and not take it in.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    14 November 2018 at 2:38:52 #898858

Hi Dcul,

Glad to help out. Enjoy the boat ride again. I just happened to go the other direction to Lugano and absolutely loved the boat ride to Fluelen. Will definitely be on the lake again when I return to the Luzern region. Not sure if you have been to Wengen yet, but I spent 3 nights there and loved it. Hotel was across the street from the train station, Hotel Spa Victoria-Lauberhorn. Great hotel, breakfast, location. Not sure what time of year you’re going. But hiking is phenomenal in the area. Enjoy.

Danielsan

• The thread ‘Luggage storage options at Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.