Pilatus visit April 21 – Will there be snow?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2016 at 18:10:14 #808962

Hi,

Finally we are planning to visit Pilatus mountains tomorrow and skip the Jungfrau. Our Swiss trip is for 3 days only (I know we are missing a lot but would be back again for a longer time in a year or two).

Being our last day we really wanna be in the snow (like we enjoyed being in Mt. Titlis). My question is – would we get snow filled mountains at the Pilatus? Titlis & Jungfrau are quite high so its obvious although near between Engelberg to Trubsee station there was very little to no snow (all greenery) and as we moved up to Stand & Titlis it was snow capped. So do we expect the same at Pilatus? i.e. Snow to play with??

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 April 2016 at 18:33:06 #850995

Hi sskundu,

There will be snow but not a lot, and no snow tubing or anything like that: pilatus.roundshot.com. For guaranteed snow one needs to visit really high peaks this time of the year, as we’re moving into Spring. Although anything can happen: cold weather and snow at lower elevations is predicted for the coming week. The views from Pilatus are wonderful. From Rigi too.

Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2016 at 21:24:40 #850996

Hi Arno,

Thanks. I checked your URL for Pilatus (roundshot) and it was updated till 8:30pm of 20/4 (time I saw was 11:20pm). And it shows some snow at the top…. So I guess I can do this trip on my last day tomorrow as going to Jungfrau from Gersau is really a long journey by train and needs a “very early” start.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 April 2016 at 0:23:00 #850997

Gersau is a lovely location, but , as we discussed before, it is hard to travel from there to more famous destinations.

Next time, it seems likely that you will have a better idea of where things are.

Good luck.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Pilatus visit April 21 – Will there be snow?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.