Pilatus visit April 21 - Will there be snow?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 20, 2016 - 6:10 PM

Hi,

Finally we are planning to visit Pilatus mountains tomorrow and skip the Jungfrau. Our Swiss trip is for 3 days only (I know we are missing a lot but would be back again for a longer time in a year or two).

Being our last day we really wanna be in the snow (like we enjoyed being in Mt. Titlis). My question is - would we get snow filled mountains at the Pilatus? Titlis & Jungfrau are quite high so its obvious although near between Engelberg to Trubsee station there was very little to no snow (all greenery) and as we moved up to Stand & Titlis it was snow capped. So do we expect the same at Pilatus? i.e. Snow to play with??

Arno
Arno
13973 posts
expert &
Apr 20, 2016 - 6:33 PM

Hi sskundu,

There will be snow but not a lot, and no snow tubing or anything like that: pilatus.roundshot.com. For guaranteed snow one needs to visit really high peaks this time of the year, as we're moving into Spring. Although anything can happen: cold weather and snow at lower elevations is predicted for the coming week. The views from Pilatus are wonderful. From Rigi too.

Have fun!

Last modified on Apr 20, 2016 - 6:33 PM by Arno
sskundu
sskundu
127 posts
Apr 20, 2016 - 9:24 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks. I checked your URL for Pilatus (roundshot) and it was updated till 8:30pm of 20/4 (time I saw was 11:20pm). And it shows some snow at the top.... So I guess I can do this trip on my last day tomorrow as going to Jungfrau from Gersau is really a long journey by train and needs a "very early" start.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
6596 posts
expert
Apr 21, 2016 - 12:23 AM in reply to sskundu

Gersau is a lovely location, but , as we discussed before, it is hard to travel from there to more famous destinations.

Next time, it seems likely that you will have a better idea of where things are.

Good luck.

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019