Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Lake Thun & falls in 2.5 day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 4:40:20 #815474

Hi, I’ll be with my family (2 adult and 2 kids 13yrs & 9yrs) at Interlaken for about 2 and half days.

7th & 8th June full day, 9th June half Day.

Planning to visit the following locations:

1) Jungfrau,2) Schilthorn, 3) Boat ride lake thun (St Beatus Cave & Thun Castle and other sites along the boat ride), 4) Trummelbach Falls & Valley

Firstly, will it be a rush to visit all.

Second, can Trummelbach Falls be reach by any transport or need to Hike.

Third, can assist me with the best route breakdown for the 2 and half days. so that i do not need to do repeated trip at the same route.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2018 at 10:24:31 #882962

Hi Manivannan,

It is doable to visit all. You reach the Trümmelbach Falls from Interlaken by taking a train to Lauterbrunnen and a bus or walking along the valley floor to Trummelbach Falls. You may want to combine this trip with the Jungfraujoch as you’re passing Lauterbrunnen. Read here how to get to Jungfraujoch: http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e.

The Swiss time table can help you breakdown your trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 5:47:35 #882963

Hi Manivannan,

As Chantal says, it’s doable, but I would combine a mountain top visit at sunset in one day and the lake trip also at sunset for the second day (or viceversa). Depending on the weather, sunset can get gorgeous both on the Thun lake, but especially up on Jungfraujoch or Schilthorn.

You can combine Trummelbach Falls with either Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch (Lauterbrunnen is the base-camp for both) but have in mind that usually the trip to Jungfraujoch (waiting for the trains and getting out of the tunnels to see the landscapes) is a bit longer than the one to Schilthorn.

• The thread ‘Jungfrau, Schilthorn, Lake Thun & falls in 2.5 day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.