B&B”s/hotels in near caravan parks in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 October 2018 at 16:33:07 #818725

Hello again

After a fabulous week earlier this year we plan to return again next Summer only this time we are going to come in our caravan and visit a different area probably Zurichsee and eastern parts. We only have a small van and my grown up son wants to come along but he does not really want to stay in our van and there is not really room. I am hoping if we stay on touring parks that there will probably be some sort of bed and breakfast or some reasonably priced accommodation for him nearby. Is this realistic do you think? After the great advice you gave me on my last trip I am hoping you can help me again.

Thanks in anticipation

Sharon.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 October 2018 at 10:53:28 #898061

Hi Sharon,

I don’t know any caravan camping spots that are specifically close to other types of accommodation but I am sure you can find ones.

Here are a few links to help you in that search:

Most camping spots in Switzerland are not remote by any standard and won’t be far from a village of some sort for sure. I hope that gets you started in your search.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 7:49:52 #898062

Hello again

Thanks for the info I have had a rethink and have actually changed my mind. Going to book apartments after all may be easier and share costs. Loved central Switzerland so coming back there again and possibly move on to Geneva area for a second week. Considered b&b option but eating out is so expensive think self catering will be more economical. Looking at Engelbert for the first week then perhaps Lausanne or near Zermatt

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 7:51:58 #898063

Whoops meant Engelberg not Engelbert silly phone over road me

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 October 2018 at 16:38:29 #898064

Self-catering can indeed help with costs!

Here is a good page to help you find a chalet or apartment in Switzerland then:

http://www.myswissalps.com/re ntals

• The thread ‘B&B”s/hotels in near caravan parks in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.