Places to visit in Switzerland December 22-27

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2017 at 6:39:16 #813604

Hello Friends,

Myself and My sister are planning a trip to Switzerland from Italy(Milan) for 4-5 days from 22- 27th Dec. Need suggestions for places to visit (scenic beauty , must watch places / specialties/ unique) and yes the Alps for sure.

Thanks

Sharmi

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2017 at 12:18:25 #871498

Hi Sharmi and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are many places in Switzerland to visit for what you are looking for. Have a look at our pages on what to do & where to go in Switzerland to give you an idea of what you might like.

If you priority is the Alps then I would look at the Jungfrau region for maybe 3 nights and then 2 nights in another town – perhaps Zermatt (Matterhorn), Montreux or Luzern.

I would try and do mountain excursions on Dec. 25/26 as most everything else in the country will be closed.

For information on rail passes that you could purchase for the trip click here. You might like ride on a panoramic train like the Glacier Express.

Be sure to use the Swiss railways timetable to plan out your trips around the country.

Once you have an idea on where you want to go or what you want try and do let us know and we can help refine your plans.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 November 2017 at 19:20:23 #871499

Hi Sharmi,

Are you returning to Milan at the end of your Swiss visit? That may have a bearing on the best itinerary to choose.

Arno
    15484 posts
    18 November 2017 at 12:14:30 #871500

Did you manage to put together a tentative itinerary Sharmi?

• The thread ‘Places to visit in Switzerland December 22-27’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.