Plan for 5 days swiss trip from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2012 at 6:37:28 #805279

Hello,

I am planning to have a 5 day trip to Swiss. Already booked Hotel in Zurich and also bought the 2 for 1 Swiss saver pass (thanks to this forum.. I could find about this offer and save some money).
    Travelling with my wife and 2 yrs kid. Will reach Zurich on 17th May 11 AM and heading back at 3 PM on 21st May.

I have tentatively planned as below :

Day1 (17May) – Visit Rhine falls in the afternoon (1to6PM) as i only have half day… Is it worth visiting at this point of time

Day2 (18May) – Mt.Pilatus (via Luzern) – Golden Round trip .. I guess this can be done in half day … any suggestions for the remaining time… Is it fine to visit Interlaken from here .. or spend time in Luzern ?

Day3 (19May) – Visit Melide Miniatures. I hope this would be a worth visit which my kid may also enjoy

Day4 (20May) – Visit to Mt. Titlis. I guess this would need the full day

Day5 (21may)- Spend time in Zurich and head back by noon

Can you suggest any ideas to this plan to make this more memorable…

Thanks
    Praveen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    23 May 2012 at 11:42:16 #836159

Hi Praveen. Your itinerary looks fine! Yes, the Rhine Falls are worth visiting. On day 2 I’d just stay put in Lucerne and maybe make a boat trip over the lake if I were you. I’m not quite sure about day 3 to be honest with you, as that requires a long train ride (about 3 hours for a single journey). Did you check the timetable? Personally, I would rather visit the Jungfrau Region if weather is good and get to Kleine Scheidegg for example. It’s very impressive and such steep trainrides are adventurous for kids too. Or try the Traffic Museum in Lucerne as an alternative, kids will definitely enjoy it.

• The thread ‘Plan for 5 days swiss trip from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.