Help to plan 3 day hike Via Alpina late September

• Gemo1K
    Participant
    2 posts
    13 September 2018 at 13:39:20 #818338

Hi everybody ,

IAm planing a 3-4 days trek on the via alpine in late September with two other friends , we are quite fit and experienced. this is our first trekk in the swiss alps so we want to have the greatest experience we can and for this we need your appreciable help guys , we already searched the web for an itinerary and only thing we got out of it is to get comfused!!, we don’t know which stage to start with or to finish , we are craving to see the most picturesque views of the alps ,we will be arriving from Austria with a car and thinking to start maybe in altdorf what do you think . ? can please someone help us we are running out of time ?

thanks in advance .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    13 September 2018 at 17:02:50 #896118

Hi Gemo1K, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Good idea to start in Altdorf. Attached find a map for the stretch Altdorf – Engelberg (or reverse). It could be done in one day, taking the cablecar Attinghausen-Brüsti, although I would recommend doing it in two days, spending the night at Blackenalp (google it and reserve in advance by phone).

Then go to http://www.schweizmobil.ch, find the map for the hiking itineraries, find on the map the stretch shown in red on the attached pdf (you will see it in green), click on it and you should get a description of the itinerary. For other section, find them either at Engelberg or Altdorf, and do the same. Engelberg-Altdorf is the only section I have done (in July this year) so I can’t help you more.

Oh, if you choose to go to Altdorf by public transport, you would not have to go back there to fetch your car!

Good luck!

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    13 September 2018 at 17:06:28 #896119

I suppose you are aware of that, but just in case… (available in German and French only, AFIK).

http://www.eurotrek.ch/de/akt ivitaeten/wanderferien /schweiz/ch-via-alpina-linthal-meiringen-5-4

kim11
    Participant
    604 posts
    14 September 2018 at 16:07:54 #896120

Another really good site to research Via Alpina is http://www.activityworkshop.n et/hiking/alpinepassro ute/index.html

• The thread ‘Help to plan 3 day hike Via Alpina late September’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.