9 days September, Zermatt-Interlaken-Lucerne

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2019 at 9:07:40 #822510

Hi all,

Planning to go to Switzerland in September

Day 1 – Zurich Airport to Zermatt (overnite)

Day 2 and 3 – Zermatt

Day 4 – Zermatte to Interlaken (overnite @ Lauterbrunnen )

Day 5 and 6 – Interlaken

Day 7 – Interlaken to Lucerne

Day 8 – Lucerne

Day 9 – Lucerne to Zurich Airport

Any comments?

I know it might be rushing but well….

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    27 June 2019 at 15:36:59 #916289

Hi Sgoonerette, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Your plans look fine to me. I suppose you plan to stay in Lauterbrunnen on day 4, 5 and 6, instead of Lauterbrunnen on day 4 and Interlaken on day 5 and 6? That would be perfectly fine. Whether the itinerary is too rushed, depends on the day trips you plan. If you keep it calm and don’t try to cram too much into one day, I think you’ll be just fine. Please find some useful links below:

I suggest you also look into rail passes. The 8 day Swiss Travel Pass might make sense in your case: myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass. Here’s how to find out which pass suits your plans best: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2019 at 0:34:42 #916290

Hi Annika,

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it.

Will study the links above soon.

Yes the plan is to stay @ Lauterbrunnen on Day 4, 5 & 6 (3 nites) but that will of cos depends on whether I can manage to book affordable accommodation. Will book the air tix by this weekend & then will start to look around for places to stay.

I will also be purchasing 8 consecutive days Swiss Travel Pass….likely to start using it from Day 1 to Day 8 & just purchase day travel on Day 9 when we need to travel back to airport

Annika
    7116 posts
    28 June 2019 at 10:35:45 #916291

Hi Sgoonerette,

Good, spending all three nights in Lauterbrunnen (or a nearby town, wherever you’re able to find appropriate accommodation) makes sense. The 8 day Swiss Travel Pass plus regular tickets for day 9 is a perfect choice. Please see:

Angel7105
    Participant
    65 posts
    28 June 2019 at 22:40:54 #916292

Hi,
    My plan to Switzerland about 12 days. From, 13-24/5/2020. Land at Zurich Airport. Since that long journey, definate I will get Swiss travel pass for 15 days. Im not the skiing person. But I love the scenery.. Such jungfraujoch, gornergrat, glacier 300, cliff walk-grindelwald, launterbunne, gruyere cheese factory, chocolate factory. But I really don’t know how to start off. I plan to find all the hostel near train station. Afraid get lost.. 😂 😂.
    I hope the expert can help me on this. Very appreciate.

Thank you.

Angel7105

Annika
    7116 posts
    29 June 2019 at 7:53:46 #916293

Hi Angel7105! We can help for sure, but please post your request in a new topic, as your questions are not related to Sgoonerettes topic. I suggest you start off with studying the pages below, and then open a new thread for your specific questions:

• The thread ‘9 days September, Zermatt-Interlaken-Lucerne’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.