Pilatus, Lake Lucerne, Jungfrau, Zermatt in 8 days

Pilatus, Lake Lucerne, Jungfrau, Zermatt in 8 days

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
AnshitaaS
AnshitaaS
1 post
Mar 11, 2018 - 6:28 PM

I am travelling to Switzerland around the 25th of April with my 50 years old parents and my siblings. We'll be flying into Zurich and wish to cover Pilatus, Lake Lucerne, Jungfraujoch, Zermatt in 8-9 days. We're hoping to not change too many bases or make the trip too travel intensive/ exhausting. Would appreciate any help in forming an itinerary and other sights we could/ should cover.

1960man
1960man
530 posts
top member
Mar 12, 2018 - 12:56 AM

Zermatt is the only place that is distant from Luzern, but even then you can do it in one day from Luzern, so you could stay in one place.

Interlaken might be a better single place to stay as you can reach all your 'target's in day trips from there

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Mar 12, 2018 - 2:04 AM in reply to AnshitaaS

Hello AnshitaaS,

You might want to look at a few nights in Lucerne then a few in Interlaken (or Lauterbrunnen, Wengen or Grindelwald).

As 1960man says Zermatt is reachable from Interlaken.

When you are travelling is between Winter and Summer so some things will be closed. Read this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/gondolarail-access-to-mountains-in-aprilmay-2018.

You can use the Swiss Train Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to figure out how long it takes to get between A and B. If you haven’t used it before it will pay to read the instructions on that page before delving into the timetable.

You should also read “How to choose the best travel pass” (www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass).

Last modified on Mar 12, 2018 - 2:06 AM by rockoyster

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018