Reservations needed for Swiss mountain excursions?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jgreendds
Jgreendds
1 post
Jun 6, 2018 - 4:35 PM

I'm hoping for some feedback on best travel routes and how to best utilize my Swiss Travel Pass. I purchased an 8 day pass for the following itinerary in August 2018:

• Day 1: Mount PIlates excursion from Lucerne
  • Day 2: Mount Titlis excurstion from Lucerne
  • Day 3: Travel from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch excursion
  • Day 4: Travel from Interlaken to Gornergrat excursion.

What do I need to reserve now and what are the best routes/trains to take? Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
10238 posts
expert &
Jun 6, 2018 - 6:11 PM in reply to Jgreendds

Hi Jgreendds and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No reservations are needed for those trips (or almost all trips in Switzerland). Use the Swiss railways timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan out each trip to/from the mountains. It automatically gives you the most direct route (is that what you mean by best?).

• Day 1&2 With a Swiss Travel Pass you hop on a train to Alpnachstad or Kriens depending on the route you take (free) but at Alpnachstad you need to buy a ticket for the rest of the trip up Mt. Pilatus (50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass).

This is the same for the trip to Mt. Titlis - free to Engelberg and then 50% off the ticket bought there.

• Day 3: Free to Grindelwald or Wengen and then 25% off the ticket the rest of the way to Jungfraujoch
  • Day 4: Free to Zermatt and then 50% off the ticket to Gornergrat.

See what routes and mountains are covered fully or partially with the Swiss Travel Pass here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019