Reservations needed for Swiss mountain excursions?

Reservations needed for Swiss mountain excursions?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jgreendds
Jgreendds
1 post
Jun 6, 2018 - 4:35 PM

I'm hoping for some feedback on best travel routes and how to best utilize my Swiss Travel Pass. I purchased an 8 day pass for the following itinerary in August 2018:

• Day 1: Mount PIlates excursion from Lucerne
  • Day 2: Mount Titlis excurstion from Lucerne
  • Day 3: Travel from Lucerne to Jungfraujoch excursion
  • Day 4: Travel from Interlaken to Gornergrat excursion.

What do I need to reserve now and what are the best routes/trains to take? Thank you!

Lucas
Lucas
8070 posts
expert &
Jun 6, 2018 - 6:11 PM in reply to Jgreendds

Hi Jgreendds and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No reservations are needed for those trips (or almost all trips in Switzerland). Use the Swiss railways timetable (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) to plan out each trip to/from the mountains. It automatically gives you the most direct route (is that what you mean by best?).

• Day 1&2 With a Swiss Travel Pass you hop on a train to Alpnachstad or Kriens depending on the route you take (free) but at Alpnachstad you need to buy a ticket for the rest of the trip up Mt. Pilatus (50% off with the Swiss Travel Pass).

This is the same for the trip to Mt. Titlis - free to Engelberg and then 50% off the ticket bought there.

• Day 3: Free to Grindelwald or Wengen and then 25% off the ticket the rest of the way to Jungfraujoch
  • Day 4: Free to Zermatt and then 50% off the ticket to Gornergrat.

See what routes and mountains are covered fully or partially with the Swiss Travel Pass here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ validity

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018