Planning my first trip to Switzerland August 7-10

Planning my first trip to Switzerland August 7-10

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
harryb
harryb
1 post
Mar 16, 2017 - 12:43 AM

Hi,

We are a group of 8 travelling first time to this beautiful country. We will each zurich on 7th morning and need to plan the best 4 days .

So far I have heard that lucerne is a good base and travel with swiss pass is very cost effective.

Can someone please advise what could be a first time must see trip and how to go about travelling and if can recommend hotels 2 rooms for the dates 7,8,9,10.

On 11th early morning we have flight to Venice from zurich.

thanks

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Mar 16, 2017 - 3:05 PM in reply to harryb

Hi harryb, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Lucerne indeed is a very good base. You'll find lots of tips for activities on our Lucerne page. I suggest you start reading the tips there and put together an itinerary. Once you have a tentative plan, please feel welcome to post it here and ask further questions!

Hotels can be found here. If you're not able to find what you're looking for, please mention your requirements in our accommodation forum.

All about the Swiss Travel Pass can be found here. Purchase options are listed at myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass/price. An onlince purchase through the official SBB tourist webshop at www.swissrailways.com/ en is easy and recommended.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017