Please comment on my plan

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 August 2012 at 8:37:00 #805579

Hello,

We are planning a visit to Switzerland; first visit to Switzerland & I really want it to be memorable. I will be with my wife & 3 kids: 7, 2 & 1.

1/ September arrival in Zurich airport @ 19:10, check in maybe a walk in the Bahnofstrasse-what time does it close?-
    2/ September Rhein falls, Zurich old town & Zurich zoo. Then go to Luzern & check in. Is this doable? Is the zoo covered in the Swiss pass?
    3/ September Mount Pilatus, Luzern old town, Chapel bridge, Nine towers, Lion monument, Jesuitenkirche & Glacier garden.
    4/ September Mount Titlis, Swiss transport museum & then travel to Interlaken. Is the transport museum covered in swiss pass?
    5/ September Mount Jungfrau, old town, chocolate show. What time does it take to do the Jungfrau Excusrsion? The chocolate show starts @ 17:00. Can we be there on time?
    6/ September Travel back to Zurich via golden pass. Our plane departs @ 15:35. Is this safe enough? Will we have time to go via golden pass?

Is there any thing I missed? Do you recommend all three mounts or I can change it to something else? Is there a way to squeeze a visit to Geneva?
    Most Important is where can we watch a Swiss Folclore show with Alpine horns?

Regards,
    Ayman

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    17 August 2012 at 3:03:39 #837060

Welcome to the forum Ayman! Your itinerary looks fine and doable. All details can be planned with the timetable. Enter ‘Meiringen’ as your via-station for information on the Golden Pass route to Lucerne and onto Zurich. A visit to the Jungfraujoch takes about half a day (or longer, if you prefer), and you’ll certainly manage to get back to Interlaken by 17h00. As for museums: please visit the Swiss Pass page. You’ll find a link to the Swiss Museum Pass there, providing an overview of museums offering free entry or discounts to Swiss Pass holders.

A visit to Geneva would be too much in my opinion. It requires a long trip and you already have quite a full schedule, allowing you to experience great highlights.

This combination of dinner and Swiss folclore in Lucerne may be interesting to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 August 2012 at 9:37:38 #837061

Thank you very much.
    I am now struggling to understand the golden pass line tickets/ reservation?
    Does the trains run all day from Luzern to Interlaken Ost? Do I need reservation? or can I just hop on the train? I tried reserving a seat online but couldnt find trains on times I was looking for.
    Is it possible to just go to the station and get on board a train even if I cant find a seat?

Regards,
    Ayman

Annika
    7104 posts
    18 August 2012 at 6:39:59 #837062

Hi Ayman. The Golden Pass trains are included in the timetable I mentioned. You can also take a look at the timetable at the Golden Pass website. Yes, it’s recommended to make seat reservations. You can find all information and the right links at the seat reservation page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 August 2012 at 12:06:44 #837063

Hello again,
    I have a slight change as my flight back on 6/9 is delayed till 22:30, which will allow me to go to Zurich Via Bern and spend a day in bern to see the bear pit, clock tower & old town. Or do you recommend to go to Geneva on 6/9 then back to Zurich? Which will be more worth the visit? Bern or Geneva?
    On the other hand now on 4/9 from Luzern to Interlaken I want to take the Golden pass train; will I still put via “Meiringen” from Luzern to Interlaken?

Annika
    7104 posts
    29 August 2012 at 14:37:01 #837064

Hello Ayman. In terms of traveling times from and to Zurich, Bern would be more convenient. Golden Pass trains are mentioned at the Golden Pass website I mentioned. And indeed, if you want to find them in the regular timetable, you should fill out Meiringen.

• The thread ‘Please comment on my plan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.