Swiss Travel Pass Flex questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 20:55:15 #811510

I am going to buy an 8 day/over 30 days Swiss Travel Pass; my two questions are:

1. Can I use the museum privileges for the full 30 days; or does a museum use on a day I do not use any transportation trigger one of my 8 transportation days?

2. If I have a non-stop no-transfer train trip (Innsbruck to Zurich on Railjet 360, 3 June 0745 departure) can I buy a Innsbruck to Buchs SW ticket, carry it with me use it for my Austria leg and the use the Swiss Pass for the Switzerland leg? I have only this one train trip in Austria so I’m thinking the two country pass is not prudent and we do want the museum privileges. I know this trip would use one of the 8 days on the Swiss pass. As I look further it appears the Innsbruck to Buchs SW may be more expensive than the full Innsbruck to Zurich ticket. Hum.

Ideas or answers are so appreciated. I need to be making these purchases soon.

Ken, (traveling 24 May to 12 June in Switzerland and Austria)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 8:02:02 #862001

Hi Ken,

So you are buying the Swiss Travel Pass Flex?

1. No, the pass must be validated that day to cover museum entrances.
    2. Yes, you can just buy a ticket from Innsbruck to Buchs and use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex for the remainder of the trip.
      Yes, it is good to check prices for all planned train trips so you ensure you use the Swiss Travel Pass Flex on the 8 most expensive days for travel when you are here! 🙂

Lucas

udayaditya
    Participant
    55 posts
    23 April 2017 at 17:13:07 #862002

Hi

I just want to inform that there are disruptions in rail service between Feldich and Zürich in last week of May and beginning June….. Website informs about replacement bus services through Sarsans.

I am myself booked on rail jet 361 and 362 on 29th May and 31st May….hope this helps

Udayaditya

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 17:58:08 #862003

Thanks Udayaditya!

Always helpful to know!

It is always good to check the Swiss railways timetable for everyone planning trips on the trains as it will tell you this important information.

Thanks again! 🙂

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.