Please help – Honeymoon – Arriving on 2nd May 2016

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 January 2016 at 11:34:44 #808295

Hi,

Me and my wife are coming to Switzerland for our honeymoon. We are arriving in Zurich on 2nd of may and we plan to fly out on 8th of May.

Below is a summary of our plan with questions:

• 2nd Lucern Plan to cover Rigi (Is it covered in Swiss Pass)
    • 3rd Lucern Titlis (Is the journey to Engelberg and cable car covered in swiss pass)
    • 4th Interlaken (Plan is to travel to the villages Murren Wengen. Are these covered in the pass)
    • 5th Interlaken (Jungfraojoch… Till where is it covered in swiss pass?)
    • 6th Interlaken (Schitthorn… Till where is it covered in the pass)
    • 7th Interlaken (Can we go to paris and come back on this day. or should we go to Matterhorn).. Again if we go to paris. what is the best way to economize on the costs. same for Matterhorn
    • 8th Interlaken to Zurich to Athens…

Basically I am super confused whether I should buy the swiss pass for 8 days or should I take the half rate card or nothing at all?

Please suggest….. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 January 2016 at 17:08:04 #847819

Hello HMIndia, thanks for joining us!

Great that you get to discover the Lucerne and Jungfrau regions; they’re both beautiful. As for your questions: what’s covered by the Swiss Travel Pass is explained in the Validity section of our Swiss Travel Pass page. It lists the major attractions and their discounts, and you can download a detailed coverage map. Moreover, pass discounts are mentioned in the Ticket sections of our attraction pages, such as the Rigi, Titlis, Jungfraujoch, and Schilthorn pages.

You definitely need a rail pass to save money. Both the Swiss Half Fare Card and the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass are good options. A Swiss Travel Pass is generally more convenient, as you can board regular trains, buses and boats without having to buy tickets. The Rigi is for free too, and if you’d plan to travel to Zermatt to see the Matterhorn, that entire trip will be covered too, as far as Zermatt.

A Swiss Half Fare Card could turn out to be cheaper, but that strongly depends on the details of your itinerary (e.g. your plans for May 7). So you’d have to finalize your itinerary first and make calculations to be sure.

Both passes can best be purchased as a print-at-home pass (without additional shipping fees) through http://www.swissrailways.com.

A day trip to Paris from Interlaken is not an option; you can check the timetable for details. You could travel to Zermatt and visit the Gornergrat for good views of the Matterhorn. It will be a long day, but it’s doable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 January 2016 at 11:59:51 #847820

Wow thank you so much Annika. This is just brilliant. You guys should become the official brand ambassador of Switzerland or Swiss Alps…

Many thanks for this information and I am really looking forward to the trip….

Cheers….

• The thread ‘Please help – Honeymoon – Arriving on 2nd May 2016’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.