Best rail pass for Zurich-Grindelwald 3 days-Italy

Best rail pass for Zurich-Grindelwald 3 days-Italy

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Swissvegas
Swissvegas
1 post
Aug 8, 2017 - 3:02 AM

Hi! I have literally read for hours, but still can't decide which rail pass is most beneficial for my itinerary. Please help!

We will fly to Zurich airport and then immediately travel by train to Grindelwald. We will spend 3 nights there with a fair amount of travel while there (Jungfraujoch, Murren, Wengen, etc). Then, we will go to Lake Como next. 3 nights there, then Vernazza for 3 nights, and finally Venice for 3 nights.

I'm torn with deciding whether the half-fare card or Swiss pass makes more sense. I'm leaning toward half-fare and then buying regular tickets in Italy. Can someone please advise? Viele dank!

Lucas
Lucas
8928 posts
expert &
Aug 8, 2017 - 10:18 AM in reply to Swissvegas

Hi Swissvegas and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Either rail pass will only be valid within Switzerland only (so just to and from and in the Grindelwald area).
The only way to know for sure which pass is the most economical is to do the math and compare the passes. We have a web page here on how to choose the best rail pass, that has an Excel sheet to help you.

You will need to plan out your train trips as well as the trips you plan to make in the Jungfrau region around Grindelwald.

I would look at comparing the Swiss Half Fare Card, The Jungfrau Travel Pass and the Swiss Travel Pass.

You may also want to consider buying the Swiss Half Fare Card OR Swiss Travel Pass AND the Jungfrau Travel Pass (if you will do a lot of trips around Grindelwald) as the they will get you 25% off the cost of the Jungfrau Travel Pass.

Lucas

Last modified on Aug 8, 2017 - 10:20 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018