Please help us with Lucerne/Interlaken itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2017 at 13:13:39 #811246

Dear All

Regards

I am visiting Swiss for 5 nights / 6 days from 7 June 2017 to 13 June 17, with my 2 kids ( 9 / 4 Years ) , my wife and my parents. I am confused about the stay and itinerary , could anyone please help me for that?

a) 5 Nights stay at Lucerne or Interlaken Or i should spilt no of nights in interlakenhoheweg and lucerne?

b) I want to visit Lucerne , Mount Titlis , Mount Jungfru , Mount Pilatus rest i don’t know what should i cover?

c) Please also suggest can i cover Mt Titlis and Mt Jungfru on my own or i have to take any guided tour? Is the routing is difficult for Mt Pilatus and Jungfru or i can cover it by myself?

Please Suggest so that i can finalise.

Many Many Thanks in Advance.

Ankur

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 April 2017 at 13:30:04 #860876

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps and posting your plans!

a) Splitting is fine but staying in one place is also fine. Both regions offer enough to do for weeks. If you stay in one place you would need to travel longer to some of the sites you mentioned. If you split you lose half a day on changing hotels. It’s up to you which option is best 🙂

b) From the places you mentioned only Jungfraujoch is closer to Interlaken, the others are closer to Lucerne so that could be a reason to stay there. Please see the Interlaken and Lucerne pages for tips on what to do.Suggested hotels are listed there too.

c) Nearly everything in Switzerland can be visited on your own and in many cases you can join a tour as well. It’s up to you what you like best. Our Titlis page, Pilatus page, Jungfraujoch page and other attraction pages explain about tickets and package tours, so you can check there for the options. Note that you need a rail pass if you do things on your own as that will save you money.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 3:04:10 #860877

Thanks Arno for your Advice.

Also please let me know :

a) As i am in Swiss for 5 Nights / 6 Days , I should buy a swiss rail pass? If yes which one?

b) As i have learned the route for Mt. Jungfru is : Lucerne – Interlaken Ost – Lauterbrunnen – Kleinescheidegg – Jungfru- Kleinescheidegg – Grindelwald – Interlaken Ost – Lucerne. ( 1 ) is this is the correct route? ( 2 ) I have to buy tickets for all sectors if i am using pass? ( 3 ) Is these all are spilt Journeys and i have to change the trains?

c) If i don’t buy a pass can i buy train tickets instantly from the station to cover : Mt Junfru , Titlis etc.? What are the availability status of tickets at the counter?

Many Thanks

Ankur

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2017 at 7:26:49 #860878

Hi Ankur,

A) It more depends on how many train, boat and bus trips you plan on making during your stay. The Swiss Travel Pass can be bought to cover: 3, 4, 8 and 15 days. The more you travel the more economical the Swiss Travel Pass becomes.

B) You can search for train schedules here. You will need to make 3 train changes from Luzern (Interlaken Ost, Lauterbrunnen and Kleine Scheidegg) and it will take about 4 hours.

C) Yes, you can buy point to point tickets at any train station – they don’t sell out (except for Jungfraujoch in exceptional cases, see here). If you don’t buy the Swiss Travel Pass you may want to consider the Swiss Half Fare Card instead. Once bought, you can buy all train tickets at 50% off the normal price.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Please help us with Lucerne/Interlaken itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.