Apr 8, 2017 - 9:50 AM
I have 6 days in May where I need to start from Lyon airport on a Sunday and fly back from Milan airport on Friday night. Must sees are Annecy, Jungfraujoch, Lake Como and need a recommendation for scenic Swiss train ride. Here's my current thoughts:
- Day 1: Land in Lyon at 9:30am - go to Annecy for a couple of hours then head to Interlaken and spend the night there.
- Day 2: Trip to Jungfraujoch. Is it possible to take the Golden Pass from Interlaken to Lucerne and make Lucerne as my base in Switzerland?
- Day 3: Spend the day in Lucerne.
- Day 4: Can I do the Glaceir Express on a day trip from Lucerne?
- Day 5: Go to Varenna and spend the night in Milan.
- Day 6: Depart from Milan at 9pm.
I am considering renting a car given the short timeframe and the number of things I want to do, I am aware of the one way charge. Would it really save me time to hire a car? I am thinking it may save me time on Day 1 by allowing me to go from Annecy to Interlaken directly avoiding Geneva and also from Lucerne to Varenna directly avoiding Milan.