Pilatus, Rigi, Titlis in 1.5 days

• boshyd
    Participant
    58 posts
    2 August 2018 at 2:56:23 #817633

I will be reaching Lucerne at 14:41pm on lets say Day 1, have all evening. Day 2 have all day. Day 3 have to check out first thing in the morning.

What;s the best order to see Pilatus, Titlis, Rigi over the 2 days? Also, would like an hour or so stroll around Chapel bridge/ Lion monument, which I am guessing can be done evening of Day 1 or 2?

Hotel is right across from station.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 August 2018 at 14:51:38 #893110

Hi boshyd,

I don’t think there is a best order. Titlis is a little further from Lucerne than the other two though. I would go based on which mountain has the best weather when you want to go to one. https://www.myswissalp s.com/weather

Use the timetable to find the travel times to each mountain or between two of them to plan out your 2 days (https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable) but be prepared you might not want to go if the weather is poor (no views etc).

Walking around Lucerne to see some of the major sites can be done in an evening or afternoon for the most part. Work that around the mountain schedule /weather is probably the best idea. Have a plan but be flexible if weather forces changes.

Arno
    15483 posts
    3 August 2018 at 7:18:26 #893111

I agree and would go with the weather forecasts. If you have glorious weather all days, then you could visit the peaks from low to high, seeing the scenery change with altitude: Rigi – Pilatus – Titlis.

• The thread ‘Pilatus, Rigi, Titlis in 1.5 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.