Please guide on my 5 day plan Interlaken + Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 October 2015 at 15:04:52 #808023

Hello Friends,

I am sharing the itinerary i have planned for June 2016 for 4 people. We are coming from India. Kindly advise and help me improve the Itinerary , Inter city Travel plan and Shopping plan. I also have some additional questions at the end. 🙂

Itinerary Planned:

Arrival from Paris to Zurich (By Flight) (1 hour), From Zurich Airport, go to train station, take train to Interlaken (2.5 hours, very scenic)

Interlaken Itinerary : (3 Days)

• Day 1 : Enter Hotel in Interlaken. (Enjoy Lunch / Roam Around / Dinner)
    • Day 2 : Take a Train to Jungfrau
    • Day 3 : First reach Engelberg (By Train / Coach (1Hour 30 minutes)) , then go to Mt Titlis with Rotair Cable car/Ropeway (Scenic view) (45 Minutes). Leave for Zurich by Train (2.5 hours)

Zurich Itinerary: (2 Days) Lindenhof Hill, Lake Zurich, Stroll near Zurich city center

Inter city travel:

• Day 1: Zurich – Interlaken : Train Interlaken – Try To visit Early Beck Chocolate Shop – By Coach/ Cab/Train (This plan may get skipped if proper travel plan remains incomplete)
    • Day 2: Interlaken – Jungfrau – Interlaken : Train (Depart from : Interlaken Ost(east), go via Lauterbrunnen, change train and reach Wengen, change train again and reach Kleine Scheidegg. Return via Grindelwald)
    • Day 3: Interlaken – Mount Titlis – Interlaken : Reach Engelberg (By Train / Coach from Interlaken / Zurich), then go to Mt Titlis with Cable car. The cable car takes you up to titliswith 2 changes in about 45 minutes.
    • Day 4 : Interlaken – Zurich : Train
    • Day 4 : Zurich – Tram(tramway/streetcar) / On Foot

Shopping: Interlaken and nearby Shopping :

• Try to Visit on Day 1 (Interlaken) Around Höheweg (main street which runs between Interlaken West and Interlaken Ost (East) Railway Stations)
    • Try to Visit on Day 1 (Interlaken) in Earlybeck Boulanger Confiseur Address -Promenade 70 3780 , Gstaad (It is nearby from Interlaken (70Km) , a part of Bollywood movie Bachna Ae Haseeno – 2008 and also DDLJ movie)
    • Try to Visit on Day 1 in Zurich : Sprüngli Chocolate Address- Shop Ville Bahnhof Zürich, 8001 Zurich
    • Try to Visit on Day 1 in Zurich : Chocolates, Watch, Cuckoo clock, Swiss Knife , Leather Wallets

Questions :

1. How to Travel from Zurich Airport to Zurich station?
    2. How to Travel from Interlaken station to hotel?
    3. Can i cover any nearby additional good spot in my Itinerary in Interlaken/ Zurich ?
    4. Based on my Travel plan (4 people travelling), which train ticket/ Pass i should buy ? Is reservation required on the routes i am travelling ? Will a pass be useful for me ?
    5. How to travel from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau ?
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 October 2015 at 12:26:33 #846483

Welcome to MySwissAlps, sourabh1986!

Most of your itinerary looks fine. Please note that Gstaad is quite far from Interlaken, and I don’t think you should include this. Focusing on the Zurich, Interlaken and maybe Lucerne regions is much better for such a short stay.

As for your questions:

1/2/5. You can find all travel details in the timetable at myswissalps.com/timeta ble. Just enter your departure and arrival station (or hotel address), a preferred travel time and all options will be displayed. The timetable for June 2016 isn’t available yet (it will be in a few weeks), but you’ll be able to get a good impression using the current timetable. The trip up to the Jungfraujoch is also described at myswissalps.com/jungfr aujoch/gettingthere.

3. Your itinerary is quite full the way it is now, so there’s not that much more you can add. Especially day 3 is long. You may want to replace Titlis with a scenic trip a lot closer to Interlaken. Ideas can be found at myswissalps.com/jungfr auregion/activities. Tips for your stay in Zurich are listed at myswissalps.com/zurich.

4. I think you should look into Swiss Half Fare Cards: myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard. Alternatively, you may like the ease of use of a 4 day Swiss Travel Pass:myswissalps.com/swisst ravelpass. How to pick the right pass is explained at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Does that get you started?

• The thread ‘Please guide on my 5 day plan Interlaken + Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.