Oct 11, 2015 - 3:04 PM
I am sharing the itinerary i have planned for June 2016 for 4 people. We are coming from India. Kindly advise and help me improve the Itinerary , Inter city Travel plan and Shopping plan. I also have some additional questions at the end. :)
Arrival from Paris to Zurich (By Flight) (1 hour), From Zurich Airport, go to train station, take train to Interlaken (2.5 hours, very scenic)
Interlaken Itinerary : (3 Days)
- Day 1 : Enter Hotel in Interlaken. (Enjoy Lunch / Roam Around / Dinner)
- Day 2 : Take a Train to Jungfrau
- Day 3 : First reach Engelberg (By Train / Coach (1Hour 30 minutes)) , then go to Mt Titlis with Rotair Cable car/Ropeway (Scenic view) (45 Minutes). Leave for Zurich by Train (2.5 hours)
Zurich Itinerary: (2 Days) Lindenhof Hill, Lake Zurich, Stroll near Zurich city center
Inter city travel:
- Day 1: Zurich – Interlaken : Train Interlaken – Try To visit Early Beck Chocolate Shop – By Coach/ Cab/Train (This plan may get skipped if proper travel plan remains incomplete)
- Day 2: Interlaken – Jungfrau – Interlaken : Train (Depart from : Interlaken Ost(east), go via Lauterbrunnen, change train and reach Wengen, change train again and reach Kleine Scheidegg. Return via Grindelwald)
- Day 3: Interlaken – Mount Titlis – Interlaken : Reach Engelberg (By Train / Coach from Interlaken / Zurich), then go to Mt Titlis with Cable car. The cable car takes you up to titliswith 2 changes in about 45 minutes.
- Day 4 : Interlaken – Zurich : Train
- Day 4 : Zurich - Tram(tramway/streetcar) / On Foot
Shopping: Interlaken and nearby Shopping :
- Try to Visit on Day 1 (Interlaken) Around Höheweg (main street which runs between Interlaken West and Interlaken Ost (East) Railway Stations)
- Try to Visit on Day 1 (Interlaken) in Earlybeck Boulanger Confiseur Address -Promenade 70 3780 , Gstaad (It is nearby from Interlaken (70Km) , a part of Bollywood movie Bachna Ae Haseeno - 2008 and also DDLJ movie)
- Try to Visit on Day 1 in Zurich : Sprüngli Chocolate Address- Shop Ville Bahnhof Zürich, 8001 Zurich
- Try to Visit on Day 1 in Zurich : Chocolates, Watch, Cuckoo clock, Swiss Knife , Leather Wallets
- How to Travel from Zurich Airport to Zurich station?
- How to Travel from Interlaken station to hotel?
- Can i cover any nearby additional good spot in my Itinerary in Interlaken/ Zurich ?
- Based on my Travel plan (4 people travelling), which train ticket/ Pass i should buy ? Is reservation required on the routes i am travelling ? Will a pass be useful for me ?
- How to travel from Kleine Scheidegg to Jungfrau ?