12-day itinerary for Sep, 2 adults & 2 children

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 July 2016 at 10:25:11 #809656

Hi all,

Looking for some guidance to an itinerary for visiting Switzerland for the first time: 2 adults & 2 kids (8 & 11).h

Thanks in advance.

8 Sep Zurich

8 Sep Arrive at 5pm and travel to Lucerne

8-13 Sep stay in Lucerne

8 Sep 1st night in Lucerne

9 Sep Dying lion monument, Chapel bridge, Water tower, Glacier garden

10 Sep Golden Round trip: Mt. Pilatus (day trip)

11 Sep Ballenberg via Brünig-Hasliberg on the way to Interlaken

(Travel to Interlaken evening 11th)

11-17 Sep stay in Interlaken

11 Sep Harder Kulm, Trummelbach falls, Glacier gorge

12 Sep Mount Schilthorn: Round trip from Lauterbrunnen to Mürren – Schilthorn and then via Stechelberg and Trümmelbach back to Lauterbrunnen

13 Sep Jungfraujoch

14 Sep Zermatt Is this OK?

15 Sep Bern on the way to Geneva

(Travel to Geneva via Bern evening 15th)

15-19 Sep stay in Geneva

15 Sep Geneva tour

16 Sep Lausanne & Montreux

17 Sep daytrip to france??

18 Sep Relax

19 Sep Fly out in the morning

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 July 2016 at 0:15:05 #854020

Hi Comradespear-

Welcome to the Forum and My Swiss Alps.

Should i say: “товарищ” ?

You have a good plan, you have arranged it well. Great time of year to visit, too.

Nothing up through 14 September looks out of line. After that , I think it is good, but I would want to look at the timetable to check:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Personally, I’d spend less time in Geneva, and consider Montreux.

http://www.myswissalps.com/mo ntreux

Slowpoke

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 July 2016 at 10:15:12 #854021

Hello comradespear,

Most of your plans look fine to me. Here are some thoughts:

• September 11 may be a bit full, but it will be doable if you start early;
    • a day trip to Zermatt on September 14 is possible indeed, if you really wish to get a view of Zermatt and the Matterhorn. Please find details in the timetable Slowpoke referred to. If you think it’s too long of a trip overall, there are still lots of alternatives in the Bernese Oberland;
    • I too would prefer Montreux and its surroundings over Geneva. If you’d decide to spend some nights there instead of moving over to Geneva rightaway, I’d recommend the scenic Golden Pass route to get from Interlaken to Montreux. Including Bern makes less sense in that case, but you could keep a day trip to Bern in mind as a back-up plan in case weather isn’t good enough to enjoy scenic mountain trips from Interlaken;
    • assuming you’ll be using public transportation, a rail pass will help you save money. A 15 day Swiss Travel Pass is for sure the most convenient option. Both children will travel along for free with the free Swiss Family Card. Please find details and retailers here. Whether it’s the most economical option for your plans should be calculated according to this explanation.
  • The thread ‘12-day itinerary for Sep, 2 adults & 2 children’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.