Where to buy a Swiss plug adapter?

Where to buy a Swiss plug adapter?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
mou10mn
mou10mn
17 posts
Oct 6, 2017 - 9:41 PM

Wondering what people use for plug adapters. Our apartment rental in Lucerne sent a note that said "Switzerland has 3 pin plugs. Please make sure that you take an adapter with you". Have not heard from our hotel in Interlaken.

Should i buy a universal adapter or perhaps just wait till I get there to buy one specifically for Switzerland? The universal ones are pretty expensive here in the usa. We basically just want to be able to charge our phones.

Thanks in advance for your help

pvonk
pvonk
21 posts
Oct 7, 2017 - 1:11 AM

Two weeks ago I researched the adapters on Amazon. My wife has one of the multi adapter kits and I was trying to figure which one to bring for my upcoming trip to Switzerland. Turns out there is an adapter specifically for Switzerland. Do not use a “universal” adapter or one for “Europe” - search carefully on Amazon, you should find some products that include a chart listing areas and their corresponding codes. Look for the one for Switzerland.

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1233 posts
top member
Oct 7, 2017 - 2:24 AM in reply to mou10mn

>> Should i buy a universal adapter or perhaps just wait till I get there to buy one specifically for Switzerland?

There is relevant information in the following threads. Feel free to post again if any questions remain after reading them :-)

www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/practic al/swissoutlet

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/power-adapter-in-interlakenzuric

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/uk-adaptor-converter

www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/power-adapter

Alpenrose

mou10mn
mou10mn
17 posts
Oct 7, 2017 - 2:59 AM

thanks for the great clarifying info. Really appreciate it.

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017