Does Swiss two prong adapter work in Italy/Austria

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Xmistral99
Xmistral99
39 posts
Oct 14, 2019 - 2:48 AM

Good morning!

A few more days to our maiden trip to the Schengen zone and I just got a concern about a practical question:I gather that in Switzerland use two plug types are used:plugs with two round pins and those with three round pins.Our mobile phone chargers have three rectangular shaped pins.Is it better to bring an adapter with two round pins?I checked with some hotels that I will stay.Some said they have adapters some said they do not.I will also be travelling to Italy and Austria.If I buy an adapter with two round pins will I be able to use them in those countries as well?

Thanks!

Snowman
Snowman
689 posts
top member
Oct 14, 2019 - 5:29 PM in reply to Xmistral99

< If I buy an adapter with two round pins will I be able to use them in those countries as well? >

Yes.

www.worldstandards.eu/ electricity/plugs-and-sockets/c/

Xmistral99
Xmistral99
39 posts
Oct 14, 2019 - 6:03 PM

That link is very helpful!Thanks snowman!

1960man
1960man
2242 posts
top member
Oct 14, 2019 - 10:49 PM in reply to Xmistral99

You should obtain a universal adapter then you should have no problem in any countries. You need to be slightly careful of a Swiss only adapter as Swiss plugs now almost all have the 'lozenge' type socket, which may not be the case in Italy or France.

www.toptenthebest.com/ top-10-best-travel-power-adapters/

I have an adapter that includes European, American and Australia and UK adapters

Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Oct 15, 2019 - 6:23 AM

Here's some additional information too: www.myswissalps.com/ab outswitzerland/practic al/swissoutlet

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019