PocketWifi for Switzerland payment in INR possible

• Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    18 March 2019 at 10:46:56 #820454

As suggested in this forum, I applied for Pocket Wifi. They accept payment only in $, Euro, CHF, GBP etc & not in INR. Considering the number of travelers visiting Switzerland, is it not prudent to have INR also as their preferred currency. As I had already mentioned in earlier posts, in India we are not allowed to transact in foreign exchange. Please advise whether you have INR payment.

Alternately, can I buy the same at Zurich Airport on arrival?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 March 2019 at 11:00:28 #906811

Hi Amitrp,

Thanks for sharing this issue. We’re not TravelersWifi so I can’t change this, but I will pass this on to them. I think it would make sense to offer this.

You can buy it at the Service Center of Zurich Airport as well, but I don’t know if you can without a prior reservation. If not there will always be other options offered by the shops at the airport.

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    18 March 2019 at 11:10:45 #906812

Thanks Arno. Sorry that I wrote the line `Please advise whether you have INR payment.’ which was uncalled for.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2019 at 11:31:35 #906813

Hi Amit,

I am not sure why do say you we are not allowed to transaction in foreign exchange.

Your credit card should be able to handle foreign currency transactions which will be charged in INR after levying appropriate conversion charges.

Thanks

Rohan

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    18 March 2019 at 13:33:55 #906814

Rohan,

Thabks for responding

Firstly I never use credit card. I use only debit card. Secondly the transaction and conversion charges amount to more than 5% minimum which I don’t want to pay.

Arno
    15483 posts
    18 March 2019 at 13:58:14 #906815

Hi Amitrp,

They will offer payment in INR within one week.

Enjoy Switzerland and its internet!

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    18 March 2019 at 14:04:52 #906816

Thanks a lot Arno.

The concerned person (Mr. Phillippe) has contacted me by mail. He has also updated me regarding adding INR. Thanks again. I am getting the taste of your efficiency much before visiting Switzerland.

• The thread ‘PocketWifi for Switzerland payment in INR possible’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.