Point to point tickets & breaking up my journey?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 5:06:03 #814576

I understand point to point tickets can be purchased in advance on SBB website and the ticket can be used anytime on that specific date. Does this mean I can break my journey anywhere on that day ? For Example, if I buy a ticket from Zurich airport to Zungfraujoch, can I get off at Interlaken and spend some time there, then get off at Grindelwald and spend some time there as long as I reach Zungfraujoch on the same day ?

Also, I will be spending the first night at Murren, but cannot buy a ticket upto Murren as Murren does not appear on SBB.

Can anyone throw some light please ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 March 2018 at 5:23:58 #877537

Hello srdebnath,

Yes you can break a point to point journey along the way.

Don’t buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch until you know what the weather will be. It’s a lot of money to spend to explore the inside of a cloud if the weather is bad.

Mürren does appear in the SBB tImetable search. Try searching for Lauterbrunnen to Mürren.

You are going to be up for a long day. Hope you are not jet-lagged on arrival at Zurich.

Fingers crossed you get good weather.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 14:25:26 #877538

Thank you rockoyster. I tried searching for a ticket several times on SBB, but couldn’t find it. If I type “Murren”, it shows the connections for “Murrhardt”.

And yes, I am not very sure how this trip would end up. We will be there between April 09 and 14. I wanted to see “green” Switzerland, but I think I will see “white” Switzerland. Probably I chose a wrong time !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 16:37:15 #877539

Hi srdebnath,

I just tried it and it is odd that it pulls up Murrhardt – I haven’t seen that before. But when you are on the SBB website just delete “Murrhardt” and type in Murren…it will find it. It will appear as Mürren in the timetable drop down list.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 16:39:49 #877540

Awesome ! I will try this. Thank you Lucas.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 March 2018 at 19:42:03 #877541

I get it. The problem only arises it you only rely on the form on MySwissAlps? I was starting off on the SBB site. If you use Mürren instead of Murren on MySwissAlps it should work straight out of the box. 🤓

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2018 at 3:27:02 #877542

Not sure if I can find this on the keyboard of my laptop

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 March 2018 at 6:49:38 #877543

If you had a Mac I’d say just hold down the “u” key and you get an umlaut option (amongst others). With Windows there is some weird code you can type in (try googling if you can be bothered). Or you can just copy the “ü” from above an paste. 🤓

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 March 2018 at 13:18:02 #877544

Hi srdebnath,

Alternatively you can type “Muerren”. The “ue” equals “ü”. That will work in http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable too.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2018 at 15:22:00 #877545

That would be convenient. Thank you for all the help. Much appreciated !

• The thread ‘Point to point tickets & breaking up my journey?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.