Upgrading to 1st class Zurich to Bellinzona

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 19:44:50 #822657

I purchased online a point to point 2nd class ticket from Zurich to Bellinzona. But I now see that the train leaving at the time i need to leave is expected to very full in 2nd class.

If I am unable to board because 2nd class is full, is it possible for me to upgrade on the spot to 1st class? If not, is it possible to upgrade my 2nd class ticket online now to 1st class?

I really need to get on the train at that time!

Thanks for providing this great information resource!

Michael

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    4 July 2019 at 20:02:47 #916929

Hi Michael,

You can always board, that’s no problem. Worst case is that you won’t have a seat, but even that is unlikely if you are at the platform in time.

I’m not sure which ticket type you have, but you can always show it at the station and buy an additional upgrade for it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2019 at 23:45:07 #916930

A train being very full to capacity is rare / unlikely – but can’t help as you haven’t given us the time

• The thread ‘Upgrading to 1st class Zurich to Bellinzona’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.