Postbus ticket required with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Roseclar
    Participant
    18 posts
    21 May 2019 at 21:40:35 #821771

My greetings and thanks to experts and moderators .
    I have made reservations for PostBus mountain pass tour and have received a confirmation email. Message says…”next step buy your ticket”. As i will have STP , will copy of reservation confirmation be sufficient to guarantee seat on bus?
    Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 May 2019 at 8:18:10 #913010

Hi Roseclar,

Nearly all bus routes in Switzerland are fully covered, see the map: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. So unless this is an exceptional route, you do not need a ticket and the seat reservation is sufficient.

If this is the 3-pass tour from Meiringen then you’re in for a wonderful ride!

Roseclar
    Participant
    18 posts
    22 May 2019 at 19:53:55 #913011

Thank you Arno for your quick and concise reply.
    Yes, we plan to do the 3 pass day tour and also the half- day tour.
    This will be our 4th visit to Switzerland and as we are now older (and hopefully wiser) I have planned ,using the comments of moderators etc and past experience, a relaxed, suitable and interesting intinerary.
    Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 May 2019 at 6:20:49 #913012

Hi Roseclar,

Sounds like you’re well prepared for a wonderful trip! Feel free to post a trip report when you’re back: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/tripreports. Many people love to read about practical experiences.

• The thread ‘Postbus ticket required with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.