Postbus Verzasca valley: “engineering works”

• BiancaD
    Participant
    3 posts
    7 June 2022 at 2:12:14 #827431

Hello,

I have a day trip planned for Verzasca Valley in July and I’ve noticed the SBB app says there may be delays due to “engineering works” when I look up the Bus 321 schedule. But playing around with the dates that notice is always there whether I check for tomorrow or a few months from now. Does this mean the bus schedule can never be certain? I have booked the 007 Bungy Jump for a specific time and now I’m worried whether I can reliably get there.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2022 at 9:45:58 #942970

Hi Bianca and welcome to MySwissAlps.com,

probably there is some maintenance work. Can you tell me please your travelling date, so I can have a look too? I’ve checked a few dates for July but could not find any interruption in the timetable of the BusBus 321.

Thank you,
    Ildiko

Learn more about Canton Ticino: http://www.myswissalps.com/ticino and http://www.myswissalps.com/onedayticino

BiancaD
    Participant
    3 posts
    8 June 2022 at 1:26:45 #942971

Yes, we plan on going on July 22nd.

This is the message I see on SBB

“Limitation of lines 311, 321 and 322. Delays and missed connections to be expected. Reason: engineering work. Duration: Durée: 10:42 – 23:59. Information from PostBus. “

Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2022 at 7:11:10 #942972

Yes, I see now. Unfortunately, it means that it will be a bit more difficult to calculate your arrival time. What you can do is that you take an earlier bus if you arrive there too early, you can have a walk on the dam first. You can also ask the organizer of the bungee jumping what they recommend and how long they can wait for you in case of late.

Sorry, I could not help you more.

Ildiko

BiancaD
    Participant
    3 posts
    8 June 2022 at 16:03:12 #942973

Thank you. I tend to add in a lot of extra buffer when I’m scheduling things, so we had already planned to arrive nearly an hour early. Hopefully that will be enough! I did also contact the organizer and they recommended the time I should catch the bus so hopefully they will be flexible if something goes wrong. Someone on another group said they were just in the valley and all the buses were running fine and the warning was up for that day as well. In fact the warning seems to be there for any date I check even going into October.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2022 at 8:47:47 #942974

Hi BiancaD,

I am glad you’ve found a solution. Yes, it is conceivable that the warning is not ‘true’ for every day and every hour. I believe that they are having some maintenance for a longer period, this is why you can see the notice. But it does not mean that every bus is late. Still, it is better to be prepared than to be late 🙂

You’re doing good, I think you’ll do the best you can to be there in time.

I wish you fun bungee jumping!
    Ildiko

Learn more about Canton Ticino: http://www.myswissalps.com/ticino

• The thread ‘Postbus Verzasca valley: “engineering works”’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.