Praying to be in Switzerland 2021 Summer

• LTommy
    Participant
    18 posts
    1 March 2021 at 23:16:35 #825790

We should have been there last summer.🥲

Repurchased tickets last September praying this summer will bring possibilities. Coming from the US.

What’s the good word? (🙏🏻).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

DASHWORTHPA
    Participant
    10 posts
    2 March 2021 at 2:36:00 #934745

In the same boat. We are scheduled to arrive from US on June 17th from YS as well. Last I heard the border opened on the 8th but must do 10 day quarantine but can lessen it to 7 days with a second Covid test. I am praying it will open to vaccinated travelers at least by June.

Lmyuen88
    Participant
    42 posts
    2 March 2021 at 2:37:21 #934746

I’m with you. I’m hoping and praying I can get back this September. From US. Hope we get there this year.

Anna
    6274 posts
    2 March 2021 at 10:58:11 #934747

Hi LThompson,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps.

We’re hoping that normal international travel will resume soon too. In Switzerland, restaurants are still closed and large scale events are still not permitted. For the latest updates on the situation here in Switzerland, please follow this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland

You can also find useful information here: http://www.myswissalps.com/coronavirus

Regards,

Anna

Mschwalbe
    Participant
    107 posts
    2 March 2021 at 16:02:34 #934748

I understand you so much!!!! I had to cancel a June 2020 hiking trip. My heart is in those majestic mountains. I look at webcams of the mountains (Mürren is my all time favorite) regularly. I dream of going back!!! Not sure when…. maybe in the fall of 2021…?

From Montreal, Québec, Canada

LTommy
    Participant
    18 posts
    2 March 2021 at 17:22:13 #934749

Sending good thoughts!

LTommy
    Participant
    18 posts
    2 March 2021 at 17:26:28 #934750

I’m so excited to hear from you personally!

I have been walking on my treadmill while watching virtual Switzerland walking tours on YouTube! It’s so gorgeous and I see this future trip as a way for my family to create a strong memory before my twins go off to college in the fall.

Thanks to all who responded in kind. Prayers this pandemic ends this summer, people regain mental and physical health and businesses can welcome us again.

Mschwalbe
    Participant
    107 posts
    2 March 2021 at 18:29:22 #934751

It’s me again, from Montreal! I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be able to go!! As you say, it would create a strong family memory especially with your twin sons. But who knows, they will have summers off from college, and other window opportunities might open later on. In 2019 I went hiking in the Mürren area for 10 days with one of my daughters (25 yrs old), sleeping in amazing huts and walking 8 hrs a day. ( My other daughter and husband stayed in Mtl on this trip). That trip was heaven!!!!! It will always hold an incredibly special place in our hearts!

Annika
    7104 posts
    5 March 2021 at 13:04:05 #934752

Hi all! Thanks for sharing your plans future trips and for supporting each another here :-). It would be wonderful if you could all visit Switzerland again this summer. Measures in Switzerland are gradually released now, and let’s hope that vaccination helps us to start traveling again.

Meanwhile, there are several initiatives to create an internationally acknowledged vaccination and/or test passport. Switzerland will definitely join such plans. If it succeeds, there’s probably less (or no) need for quarantine for incoming visitors and it will be easier to travel again. As soon as we have more information, we’ll of course update the thread mentioned by Anna.

Keep dreaming – or walking the treadmill and watching Switzerland videos. What a nice alternative @LThompson!

Amyecbox2634
    Participant
    6 posts
    13 March 2021 at 14:42:38 #934753

Same! My husband and I were supposed to travel to Wengen last July (our first trip to Switzerland besides the Zurich airport). We have scheduled again for this July. I am fully vaccinated now and my husband will be soon. Fingers crossed! It will break my heart to cancel again!

Tourgypsy
    Participant
    52 posts
    18 March 2021 at 17:04:58 #934754

Have read conflicting information. Can we, or can we not, come from the US to Switzerland for the purpose of tourism. So confused.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 March 2021 at 17:53:42 #934755

Hi Tourgypsy,

things changing so fast, maybe this is the reason for the conflicting information you’ve read. Maybe you already know this but, here you can read about the latest news: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/does-the-corona-virus-affect-trips-to-switzerland. Also it worths checking the links in the first post of that thread.

Fingers crossed and hope that everything will be back to normal-ish soon,

Ildiko

Tourgypsy
    Participant
    52 posts
    18 March 2021 at 17:59:47 #934756

Thank you.

• The thread ‘Praying to be in Switzerland 2021 Summer’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.