Preparing for rainy days in the Alps (Wengen)!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 3:25:24 #816428

Hello guys.. ! The enthusiasm in the family (esp. DH, kiddos are just waiting for chocolates 😉 !) is up a notch given that we are just about a week to go. I know mother nature can bring in showers in the mountains and most of my trip planning that we had done so far was in & around mountains – Wengen, Lauterbrunnen, Grindelwald, Murren, Schilthorn while spending one day in the Interlaken area.

What would you guys suggest for day trips from Wengen, if it is rainy a few days when we are in that region 🙂 ?

We will have the Swiss family pass for our family.. so can substitute a rainy day hike with a railway journey on the train (Just 1 thought !)

Thanks again all in advance !!!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 June 2018 at 10:57:12 #887270

What do you mean by the “Swiss family pass”?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 11:14:14 #887271

Hi Ina

And what does DH stand for? 🙂 & did you mean you have the Swiss Travel Pass for the adults and the Swiss Family Card for the kids? There isn’t one pass for everyone.

Anyway for rainy days I usually mention scenic train trips, like the Golden Pass to Montreux. Another option is visiting a town like Lucerne which has the Swiss Museum of Transport.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 June 2018 at 13:15:47 #887272

I am guessing DH means “dear husband”, am I right Ina? Better avoid such abbreviations here as not everyone will know what you mean 🙂

A visit to Bern would be nice on a rainy day too. If the weather is not too bad you could do part of the trip by boat on Lake Thun.

Did you go through the bad weather suggestions on our Wengen page? http://www.myswissalps.com/we ngen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 13:42:34 #887273

Dutiful husband? 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 13:49:12 #887274

DH – Dear Husband (or my husband’s definition would be dutiful husband, as you put it Lucas :)). Will certainly be more clear in future posts and not use abbreviations !

Rockoyster my bad, Lucas is right – we will have the Swiss travel pass with family card.

Arno, Lucas – thanks for the suggestions, will spend time today to go through the links that you guys have shared.

Thanks again !

• The thread ‘Preparing for rainy days in the Alps (Wengen)!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.