Prepay Salt SIM in Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 11:43:12 #812622

Hi,

We will be landing at Zurich Airport at 6:25am on 21 Jul and then travel to Zermatt by first available train (I am targeting to catch 7:40am train). As I understand, Salt stores at Zurich Airport opens at 8:00am… I want to know where in Zermatt I can buy prepay Salt SIM.

Thanks in advance for your response.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 18:58:32 #866842

Hi Karim,

You are probably better off trying to get the SIM Card at Zurich airport rather than Zermatt. The Salt store there is a small kiosk/store that is part of the Die Post, I believe,office at the following address: Bahnhofstrasse 46, 3920 Zermatt.

There will be more services at the Zurich airport that they can do for you (and they are used to doing Sim Cards there – it may be simpler).

More about the SIM cards we tested ourselves is here.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 19:41:07 #866843

Thanks Lucas,

In that case I would need to miss 7:40am train. Then I have two alternatives, first – 8:18am train that would require a change at Bern; second – 8:40am train which is direct to Visp… Which one do you suggest to take?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2017 at 19:51:19 #866844

Hi Karim,

If you have a lot of luggage I might wait on the later train with one change only in Visp. Otherwise I would take the first train I can take to my destination – especially as they are the same duration.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2017 at 1:38:51 #866845

>> In that case I would need to miss 7:40am train. Then I have two alternatives, first – 8:18am train that would require a change at Bern; second – 8:40am train which is direct to Visp… Which one do you suggest to take?

At that time of the day, I would definitely avoid any connections that require a change in Bern or Zürich Hauptbahnhof (Main Station). The stations and trains will be crowded with commuters.

What about getting your SIM card at Visp? According to the Salt website, they have a store fairly close to the Visp railway station.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 July 2017 at 11:26:03 #866846

Hi Alpenrose666 and Lucas,

Many thanks Alpenrose666 for Visp store information.

My understanding is, Prepaid SIM can be bought only from Salt’s own store only (and not from Partner Store)… Visp store is Partner Store so are two stores in Zermatt…. If you guys have a bit more information.

Cheers

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 July 2017 at 13:15:26 #866847

Hi Karim,

I don’t know about Salt, but all options explained here can be arranged for beforehand. No need to spend time on it in Switzerland.

• The thread ‘Prepay Salt SIM in Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.