Price of Schilthorn James Bond brunch n Brig

Price of Schilthorn James Bond brunch n Brig

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 1:51 AM

Hi! I can't seem to find the price of the brunch for next year. Can someone kindly highlight? Also, is Brig Thrill Walk open in late February? Will it be too cold to do the walk and how long does it take to do it? We'll be using the Swiss Travel Pass. Thank you!

rockoyster
rockoyster
3922 posts
expert
Nov 10, 2017 - 2:22 AM in reply to Uallin

See schilthorn.ch/cmsfiles /brunch_auswahl_e.pdf (this might be 2017 price but I wouldn't think it would vary hugely).

Schiltorn is free with the Swiss Travel Pass on 2018. 👏

It will be cold and the Thrill Walk is 200m long so depends how fast you go how long it will take.

It's the Birg Thrill Walk - Brig is elsewhere in Switzerland.

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:06 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thanks, Rockoyster. CHF33 for buffet? That sounds like a very good deal for dining on Schilthorn. Why are there so many different types of buffet on the menu? Is CHF33 only for 1 type- example if take the soup buffet then can't have other types of food? And thanks for the clarification of Birg :)

rockoyster
rockoyster
3922 posts
expert
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:30 AM in reply to Uallin

I guess it is good value if you are hungry. If I saw "All You Can Eat" on a sign I would take them at their word. I can't tell you exactly how it works. I found the PDF here schilthorn.ch/en/Info/ Offers#james_bond_brun ch - it doesn't make things any clearer I'm afraid. Maybe someone else on the forum will chime in with their experience.

I'd guess the brunch includes anything on the soup/warm/salad buffets. As they say in 🇦🇺 "Fill yer boots"!

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 4:37 AM in reply to rockoyster

Great! Thanks again!

Lucas
Lucas
8887 posts
expert &
Nov 10, 2017 - 6:38 AM in reply to Uallin

Hi Uallin,

The different buffets are at different times - it just means what is available to eat.

Whenever you go it is a 33chf charge but if you want the breakfast buffet you have to go before 11am and the cold buffet is available the entire brunch duration for example. Hope that clears it up for you!

Uallin
Uallin
84 posts
Nov 10, 2017 - 7:10 AM in reply to Lucas

yes indeed, Lucas :). Thanks! I had come across their ala carte menu and the price was rather skyrocketing. Hence, I was rather skeptical when I saw CHF33 for all you can eat buffet. Thanks, all!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018