Pricing Lake Lucerne cruise with Mt Rigi excursion

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    6 April 2018 at 0:38:47 #881071

You are pretty much on the right track.

You can use the Swiss Train Timetable (http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to work out the fares for any trip. When you go to buy a ticket the fare you see on the right hand side of the page will normally be the half-fare price. It will say so if it is.

Note that for the ferries you need to go into advanced search and de-select all forms of transport apart from Ship.

You should actually be able to buy a single round trip ticket putting in all the via places for the entire route you want to follow.

For the Arth-Goldau route you need Rigi Kulm (that’s the top of the mountain) to Luzern via Arth-Goldhau.

The attached map is for a trip Luzern Bahnhofquai, Vitznau, Rigi Kulm, Arth-Goldau, Luzern. Half-fare price is CHF56.10.

I don’t know what the Early Bird Day Ticket is ( at my age I tend to avoid anything which implies getting up early) and I don’t know if you can use the Visitor’s Card discount on top of the Swiss Half Fare Card discount. Probably not.

chandni177
    Participant
    55 posts
    7 April 2018 at 15:37:42 #881072

This is the Early Bird Day Ticket. The Early Bird just refers to buying the ticket early 🙂 (http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ offers/specials/early-bird-ticket-day-ticket/)

What about the Saver Day Pass? If we get it early enough, it would be 29CHF with the SHFC right? Does that mean I pay 29 instead of the 56 for the entire Rigi excursion you showed on the map?

On a related note, we will be taking the TGV Lyria from Paris, arriving in Basel around 3pm. Does it make sense for us to hope on the next train, reach Lucerne and do the Rigi excursion the same evening? Or better to leave it for next morning?

Thanks for all the help!

Chandni

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 18:49:29 #881073

Hi Chandni,

Yes, you can get the Saver Day Pass as low as 29chf with the Swiss Half Fare Card – it will cover the Rigi trip (but that is the only mountain).

I don’t think I’d go up to Rigi the same day as coming in from Paris – but if your schedule is packed it is an option.

chandni177
    Participant
    55 posts
    7 April 2018 at 19:13:13 #881074

Thanks Lucas. Yeah I realized while typing it that it sounds too much 😀 We are in Lucerne the next day, till evening, will just go up in the morning. Don’t have any other mountains planned in Lucerne. Just to clarify, the Saver Day Pass covers all forms of transport that day? Example if we decide to plan a different way to get down from Rigi back to Lucerne.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 April 2018 at 19:16:17 #881075

Yes, all forms of transport – it doesn’t make a difference in Switzerland if its a bus or cable car (or type of train even) – just whether the route is covered by a rail pass or not. You can see the PDF map of the Saver Day Pass validity area here.

chandni177
    Participant
    55 posts
    7 April 2018 at 21:52:22 #881076

Perfect, thanks! 🙂

• The thread ‘Pricing Lake Lucerne cruise with Mt Rigi excursion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.