Promo code

• padmini
    Participant
    10 posts
    20 September 2011 at 2:16:08 #804706

Hi,
    We will be travelling on 4 november 2011(4 adults and 2 children and 1 youth and 1 adult over 60yrs)..I would like to known about euro 40 off and i am not able to see promo code when i click on my country(UAE).How do i avail this discount.

Is swiss france rail pass cheaper than swiss pass. as we intend to stay 4 days in Engelberg and visit Lucern,Interlaken and visit mt.Titlis,Jungfraujoch, another 2 days at disneyland and 1 day in Paris.

Will we get to travel on trams and buses on swiss france rail pass.I am confused.Guide me

Thankyou

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 September 2011 at 7:39:20 #834219

Hi
    Just wanted to bring to your notice that at Mt. Titlis the maintenence work starts from 7Th of November as such all cable cars will be closed, so
    make your Titlis trip before 6th November, If you plan a visit to junfarouch the best place to stay will be at Interlaken, it will save lot of time on your travel. Ideally
    you should plan to stay at 2 nights at Engelberg & 2 nights at Interlaken. Swiss Pass entitles you to travel free in all transport modes ( Train Tram, Bus Some Ship/ boat)
    free of cost and also free visits to museums in Switzerland, (except mountain railways= like junfarouch where you are entitiled 25% discount on your trip)

Best regards

Arno
    15484 posts
    20 September 2011 at 15:22:50 #834220

Hi padmini,

I’m sorry that the link to the promo codes did not work for you. It currently works. This is the correct link for promo codes for the UAE. For the other readers: a list of all promo codes can be found here.

The passes you mentioned are very different. Please read the Swiss Pass page and the Eurail France-Switzerland Pass page for all details, prices and coverage maps. The Swiss Pass indeed covers all transportation like venkat mentioned. Eurail Passes are mainly for trains only, and a selection of mountain transport. In your case, a logical choice would be to use a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass, plus a ticket from the Swiss border to Paris. There is no need for a rail pass for France if you’ve only planned one transfer and stay in Paris for the rest of the time.

• The thread ‘Promo code’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.